What kind of lip balm do you use?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Over 40

#61 Post by Over 40 »

I have a ton...and they are everywhere so I can access them easily! My favourite is called SoftLips.

equaeternal

#62 Post by equaeternal »

I found a Palmer's Cocoa Butter chapped stick an I love it

jackjack

#63 Post by jackjack »

Cherry Carmex Chapstik

WoodWillow

#64 Post by WoodWillow »

I use Smith's Rosebud Salve.

You can get it from Sephora, but a little independant boutique close to where I work started carrying it too.

http://www.smithsrosebudsalve.net/products.html

I also have it in strawberry and want to try the mint!

sjs8906

#65 Post by sjs8906 »

The kind I get free from my ortho's office. :lol: They have it in a "candy" dish at the front desk.

It just says OraLabs essential extra moisture. SPF 15 - Almond Swirl.

They always give me a few when I have a long appointment and will have to have my mouth open for a while. Works great!

offwhite

#66 Post by offwhite »

I love Silk Natural's Summer fruit lip balm. It's all organic, moisturizes well and isn't all petrolium based like most commercial ones.

http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/summe ... -1107.html

Just got my braces on and it was a long hour of application.

aveggiewriter

#67 Post by aveggiewriter »

The lip balm I'm currently using is a 'limited edition' Nivea Pearly Shine which I'm very pleased with. The contained (which is like a lipstick one) is pink and pretty and the lip balm itself is also pink. It has a pleasant, sweet fragrance and isn't really flavoured but doesn't leave a nasty taste. It also adds a little colour to your lips.

I also use another Nivea from their Repair and Protect range but that's greasier and comes in a boring green and white container. The Pearly Shine one is thicker and once applied, feels more like lipstick. Your lips feel soft but they're not wet and it seems to withstand drinking and last for ages. If your lips are really sore or before bed, you might want one that's a bit greasier but for softness and a healthy glow, I love the Pearly Shine.

RedDress

#68 Post by RedDress »

Unpetroleum by Alba Botanica. All natural ingredients and only costs a dollar at vitacost.

RedDress

#69 Post by RedDress »

i read all these reviews here about the original Burt's bees balm and bought it. Gosh! The pepermint oil is devastating. it is better to used it under your nose to keep your sinus clean. i simply cannot tolerate this strong mint on my lips and does not make lips feel softer at all. i still prefer unpertoleum . So much better! it is light and delicious. and does not feel greesy.
Also ordered Badgers poetic pomegranate and some fruity flavours from alba again. we'll see .

RedDress

Re: What kind of lip balm do you use?

#70 Post by RedDress »

i received my order with 4 different lip balms!
I liked Badger's poetic pomegranate - very interesting taste and feels ok. A little to buttery (has a lot of cocoa butter in it - so smells like chocolate) but does not really taste anything.
Dr. Bronners ' balm lime-lemon feels like a very good quality balm for dry lips. Alba botanicas unpetroleum cherry is still my favorite though. it does not feel greasy and I do not want to wipe it off right away and it tastes delicious cherry.
I do not really know however why did I orther so many of them. My lips are fine and i seldom use it. Just read all these reviews of you gusy and could not resist trying stuff.

Epurica

#71 Post by Epurica »

I don't have braces yet, will get them next week, but I do have problems with chapped lips. No matter how much water I drink, I still get them. When things get bad, I use Carmex. It's pretty good at fixing my lips, but I avoid using it on the long run because it has Salycilic Acid in them, and if used too much it can be drying...

sammywantstraightteeth

#72 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

I haven't really settled on one particular brand. I just buy whatever I see usually.

The best one I've tried so far is Norwegian Formula. The taste is fairly plain and inoffensive, and it does a good job day or night.

The only one I've tried that I won't buy again is 'Nivea Essential Care'. It works well enough but it tastes and smells odd. Reminds me of creosote!

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

Ksmilez

#73 Post by Ksmilez »

Carmex is my best friend, I keep a tube in every room in my house. I literally buy this stuff in bulk lol.

katiemcb09

#74 Post by katiemcb09 »

I've tried just about every lip balm there is. My absolute favorite is Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness with SPF4. It isn't a smelly one, and is so hydrating. I buy like 5 tubes at a time lol.

christa

#75 Post by christa »

[quote="katiemcb09"]I've tried just about every lip balm there is. My absolute favorite is Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness with SPF4. It isn't a smelly one, and is so hydrating. I buy like 5 tubes at a time lol.[/quote]

Agreed! I really like Nivea. I also use Vaseline and occasionally burt's bees lip balm.