Is your Waterpik crazy loud?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ravishing

Is your Waterpik crazy loud?

#1 Post by Ravishing »

I got one for Christmas and I'm amazed at the sound that comes out of it. It works really well, though. Just wondering if the noise is normal? Its an all white counter top model with 3 normal heads and one for your tongue.

Thanks!
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

turrrtlelove22

#2 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed...LOL. For some reason I didn't expect it to make such a ruckus, but it does. So I have to use it before everyone goes to bed.

I'm thinking it's normal, but at the same time it doesn't feel like it...sputtering all loud like its about quit on me...LOL...

Mine works good, too. I don't know how some ppl make it with braces without one!!! I got the blue and white Waterpik Ultra. It came with 8 tips...3 standard, 3 tongue cleaners, a Pik Pocket tip and an orthodontic tip which I like a lot.

Just wish it was a little quieter...haha... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

jennandtonic

#3 Post by jennandtonic »

Yes! That's why I hate using mine. I've found that brushing and using my proxy brush after a meal works just as good as the waterpik, but without all that ruckus.

turrrtlelove22

#4 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I just bought an Oral-B Vitality Electric toothbrush and its louder than I thought, too. I can't use it tho my teeth are so very sore from my "mini" adjustment...boo hoo... Pain is good tho...means things are moving...yay movement!!!...:D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

LadyTr0uble

#5 Post by LadyTr0uble »

my waterpik is so freaking loud that my dog barks at it when its on!
like turtlelove, i keep expecting to die on me... no problems yet

and I love the thing.. WP-60W

can someone explain to me why i get all sorts of teeny pieces of food falling out when i use it after I think i have flossed and brushed thoroughly?? now i cannot see myself live without one even post braces. i won't know about that for another two years....

BracedBelle

#6 Post by BracedBelle »

I never get pieces of food coming out of my teeth after brushing, flossing and then waterpik-ing. Maybe I'm not doing it right... I always wonder when I'm using it...

:roll:

LadyTr0uble

#7 Post by LadyTr0uble »

The pamphlet that came with the waterjet said to aim at 90 degree angle to your gumline.

It can also be because you are flossing and brushing well. Bits of food falling out of your mouth after a whole cleaning procedure leads me to believe that I am just not doing a good job cleaning.

It can also be your teeth as well. I've got a crowding problem, which leads me to believe that there are just more spots that floss and my toothbrush can't get into to really get the gunk out.

spacey8008

Re: Is your Waterpik crazy loud?

#8 Post by spacey8008 »

[quote=Ravishing post_id=144568 time=1167255536 user_id=4921]
I got one for Christmas and I'm amazed at the sound that comes out of it. It works really well, though. Just wondering if the noise is normal? Its an all white counter top model with 3 normal heads and one for your tongue.

Thanks!
[/quote]

For your question, I suggest you use [url=http://www.SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.com/]water flosser[/url].

jhobbs1512

Re: Is your Waterpik crazy loud?

#9 Post by jhobbs1512 »

My young kitten got the crap scared out of her the first time I turned it on :lol: glad I'm not the only one. I guess I'm doing the Waterpik wrong. I tend to use the Waterpik first, then brush, then floss, then tongue scraper, then mouthwash. Should I be using the Waterpik post floss?