Denatkit

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

dimeech

Denatkit

#1 Post by dimeech »

The Dentakit looks like a good idea, and I will probably buy at least one when I get braced, but are there different (cuter!) bags somewhere else?? I was thinking prints, or at least some cuter colors or shapes of bags.
I suppose I could just use a new makeup bag instead :(

Sbebs

#2 Post by Sbebs »

I'm about to be braced and was looking into that too. I agree with you on the lack of style. I think buying a makeup bag or cosmetic tool bag would work great and add your own sense of style.

turrrtlelove22

#3 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I agree about the lack of style thing. Maybe that could be something to ask Lynn about? I just made my own with a cute little Hello Kitty cosmetic bag that I had of my own. And it just so happens that I found everything I needed at local stores...Wal-mart, Walgreens both had several things for braces. Even Big Lots had some stuff. I guess that's a little much going to all these places, but I just happened to look in the dental care section whenever I was there way before I got braces and just picked up stuff a little at a time. That may something yall could try...?
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

The thing about cosmetic bags is this: all the little tools fall to the bottom and you wind up digging around for it. That's why the DentaKit product is designed the way it is -- to make it easier to get at the stuff you need, and to keep it in place so it doesn't get messed up.

As for colors, at the moment I'm limited to what I can realistically produce. Eventually I would like to add some different colors and designs, but that takes a huge commitment from the factory that makes the bags for me (e.g., very large minimum orders are needed). It's not like I'm going out to some store and just buying these; they are custom-made for me overseas!

But if the DentaKit case doesn't work for you, or if you want something specific, then by all means make up your own. That's why I also sell the components separately. Some of the stuff is available for people in their local stores, but some tends to be hard to find, especially in rural areas.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

LadyTr0uble

#5 Post by LadyTr0uble »

I vote a ziplock bag if you are thrifty like me. I ruined two makeup bags in a month.
It's waterproof, to keep dirty water and other germy things off of your cleaning paraphernalia, and you can see through it... lacks style though

NotBob1

#6 Post by NotBob1 »

The problem with a ziplock bag is that it does not allow anything to breathe and all kinds of bacteria can grow in that moist environment. Plus a ziplock carried into a restaurant looks a little tacky.... :)
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

dimeech

#7 Post by dimeech »

Well, I'm not braced yet, and I probably will buy a dentakit or two anyway, but I'm hoping to talk a friend into sewing me up something cute and similar (something that will breathe bit to dry out all the germs) and see how it works out... but I like Hello Kitty, too (even if I am 31)... Might as well have a little fun for all the trouble we go to!

cowlypso

#8 Post by cowlypso »

I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to get the dentakit and then sort of applique a new cover onto the outside. The problem that I can see with that would be that a lot of the fun fabrics then to be regular cotton, which would wear through pretty quickly.

I think a great option for customization of your dentakit would be to get some fun patches and sew those onto the outside. They would really stand out on the black, and would be more durable than a cotton cover.

bbsadmin

#9 Post by bbsadmin »

Even though I can find most all I need in stores round here, one thing that has consistently eluded me (or rather two things) has been ortho-cut toothbrushes - both regular and travel type. I especially like the ortho-cut travel toothbrushes that Lynn stocks.
I agree, you can't find the ortho toothbrushes in stores. Sometimes your orthodontist may have one, but you never know. Anyway, yes I really like those full-sized ortho toothbrushes that I carry in my store. They are a nice high-quality product. The travel toothbrushes are pretty durable, too.

When it comes to dental kits, I always say that you should do whatever works for you. The important thing is keeping your teeth clean.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

awillis42606

#10 Post by awillis42606 »

I definitly plan on buying a DentaKit within the next couple of days (before I get my braces next week)!!!! I would love to sew some colorful patches on the black case though. I agree that they do need to be more colorful, but I understand that Lynn can't produce tons of product, so I'm just thankful she offers the ones that she does in her store!!!!

bbsadmin

#11 Post by bbsadmin »

If I did do them in another color, what would you guys want it to be? I think the next logical color would be a medium blue. In all the stuff I sell, the two most popular colors (aside from red and black) of things like retainer cases is blue, followed by purple and then pink.

Ironically, I do have some other bags....they are red with black trim. They were a mistake from the factory. They look pretty sharp, but it seemed so silly to sell a red bag, a black bag and what else....hey, a red and black bag! (LOL).

I would eventually like to do some patterns and even alternative kit configurations. All in good time!

lea72104

#12 Post by lea72104 »

i'd really like to see the blue! It's one of my fav. colors! i like lighter blues but darker would be better for both sexes.

awillis42606

#13 Post by awillis42606 »

I would really like to see purple or blue. The blue would be more towards both sexes though. I recieved my dentakit the other day!! I love it, and I don't even have my braces yet!! I can't wait to use it. I open it everyday and look at everything!! It's so exciting!!! Am planning on getting some colorful butterfly patches!!!

Thanks Lynn for the wonderful kit!!!

cowlypso

#14 Post by cowlypso »

I think blue would be a good alternate color. Not too light, because that would probably get dirty, and not so dark as to be similar to the black. I would definitely have considered a color, but red is way too flashy. Something in a more subdued color that is fun but not too attention-grabbing would be nice. Sort of like the "reflex blue" in this picture. Image

I think if you were to go with a pattern or patterns, cats and dogs could be good. Lots of us have pets. So there could be a cat one and a dog one. Either some fun pattern with realistic or cartoon images of the animals, or a more plain background with a silhouette or something.