Morgan Bumper

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Man

Morgan Bumper

#1 Post by Tin Man »

Well I've just ordered a 5 ft section of Morgan Bumper because at this point I'm willing to try almost anything to make my life with braces easier. To anyone who has used it before, how long did it take to ship?
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

Dodger(UK)

#2 Post by Dodger(UK) »

5ft!! :shock: What are these Morgan Bumpers have you got a link or picture of what they look like??

I can't imagine you sticking 5ft of anything in your mouth, let alone something called a Morgan Bumper. :lol: :lol:

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

gamine

#4 Post by gamine »

Dodger - you crack me up! :lol:

I looked at these a couple of months ago, but really wanted something to sleep in. Is there any explanation of why you aren't supposed to wear them while you sleep?
Christine
Metal Mouth since 06/10/04

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

I asked the manufacturer about that sleeping issue and they said it was because of the possibility of it becoming dislodged and you choking on it. I too would like to wear something at night. Thats the only time I usually wear my wax cause my mouth gets so dry and the brackets rub.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

gamine

#6 Post by gamine »

Thanks Chris! That's what I figured.
Christine
Metal Mouth since 06/10/04

Tin Man

#7 Post by Tin Man »

I bought it specifially for sleep. In this new age of lawsuits, companies have to leave a warning about any little possibility of injuring yourself, I'm not too worried.
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

SW

#8 Post by SW »

Dodger(UK) wrote:5ft!! :shock: What are these Morgan Bumpers have you got a link or picture of what they look like??

I can't imagine you sticking 5ft of anything in your mouth, let alone something called a Morgan Bumper. :lol: :lol:
LOL Dodger!

I guess as long as you don't grind your teeth it would be okay... let us know how it works out for you.
STEPHANIE

Knucemike

#9 Post by Knucemike »

These are a good idea but at least for me, i could never get them to saty on for more than a minute or so. I hope you have better luck than i did.

Mike

dark_angel475

#10 Post by dark_angel475 »

did anyone have any luck with these things? I'm so tempted to buy them. But I want to know if it's worth the money. :?:

:Questions:
[/url]

Knucemike

#11 Post by Knucemike »

I think i might still have a couple unused strips. If you would like to try one. I could send you one. Let me know.
Braces on 11/03 - Hopefully off 5/06 -Now changed to 4/07

wating4braces

#12 Post by wating4braces »

My dad is INSISTING we call the office to see if THEY sell it, and he won't accept thte fact that they DON'T. I am thinking of trying it, or maybe silicone wax. Has anyone tried that? Because when i brush the wax comes off, and it feels sooo nasty. :( Any advice would help.

katie

p.s.

knucemike, if you have any, could you maybe send me some too? (ill give you my adress if you have any). thanks.

josephine

#13 Post by josephine »

Good luck with the bumpers. I tried them early on and did not have much luck getting them to stay put. That said, they did rescue me in the first few days for an hour or so at a time. Since then I haven't used them.

Anyone browsing know the secret to keeping these things on?

jennielee81

#14 Post by jennielee81 »

Meryaten wrote:[... I've also not seen it for sale in grocery stores or drug stores; I got mine from my ortho - you might ask yours if he has some you can try...Frankly (and I don't know if this is advised or not) if it still seemed quite clean and fresh, I'd hang on to it and reuse it.
If you go to the medical section of your drugstore to the area for ear plugs they will have a small blue box with silicone globs in it. It's the same stuff as the ortho silicone wax. Here's a link to the product (so you can see what it looks like) sold on-line but you can get it at CVS or Walmart, too. It's QUITE inexpensive for a lot of product so if you don't like it, no big deal AND you now have a pair of ear plugs! :wink:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... LST-0-SRCH

Just pinch a small piece off of one of the globs and stick it on your bracket.

I also will hang onto a piece if I've not eaten anything with it in.

Also it reflects light in an almost glowing blue so expect a few curious looks if you use it in the front! :huh:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm