pain-relieving lip treatment?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

sadpanda

pain-relieving lip treatment?

#1 Post by sadpanda »

I don't know what the connection is, but since I've had braces put on, my lips have felt raw and painful, especially the bottom lip. I put on Chapstick all the time and it doesn't really help. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of some chapstick/lip balm/treatment that would help with pain in my lips. If I use something with benzocaine in it, it burns.

midlifesmile

#2 Post by midlifesmile »

I am becoming best friends with my Blistex. :lol: My lips really ITCH and peel with these dad-gum braces.

macgirl4ever

#3 Post by macgirl4ever »

Vasaline was the only product that worked for me!
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

Theresa48

#4 Post by Theresa48 »

vasaline is good...I am in love with Nanak's, but you can only get that at natural food stores or on line.

I've had good luck with Burt's bee's lately...it burns at first, but has cleared up my chapped lips finally.

by the way, my lip issue was created by my toothpaste and mouthwash, not my braces. you might be having a reaction to a product!

trampswife

#5 Post by trampswife »

I'm a newbie and all, but I will tell you that a lot of chapstick products contain things that actually dry out your lips. Kind of keeps you using it. Drink lots of water and I use lavender oil mixed with fractionated coconut oil when I lives get really chapped. Usually only have to use it a couple of days a month. We will see how much that changes with braces in January....

Good luck!!

Pacha05

Re: pain-relieving lip treatment?

#6 Post by Pacha05 »

My lips are exactly the same since having braces. It started with my removable brace i thought it was because of taking it out. I find my flouride mouthwash makes it worse and drie my lips out. I use blistex relief cream if they get really bad and blistex intensive moisturiser all the time. It really helps me.

aleksalynn

#7 Post by aleksalynn »

I use A & D Ointment, the stuff you find in the diaper rash section. Not the cream, the Vasoline-like kind. My lips will get so bad they bleed just from talking, and that stuff is the only thing that has really helped. I'm just figuring on having to do some serious lip rehab when the braces are off.

NikNakRN

#8 Post by NikNakRN »

I have only had my braces on for 5 days, but I have found that carmex has worked well for me. I do have to constantly apply it though.

quentin

#9 Post by quentin »

I find that Burt's Bees works great, and a friend gifted me "Love Balm" by Jurlique for when I get braces on. I suspect that was expensive, but works really well!
Braced: 11 Feb 2013
Debraced: 13 Aug 2014
Expected duration: 24 months
Actual duration: 18 months
Damon Clear uppers (all); Damon metal lowers
http://fullmetalpanda.wordpress.com/

altesse7

#10 Post by altesse7 »

All those drugstore chopsticks, will actually make you use them, more. They dry out your lips, making you use it, more.

I use Burt's Bees. It leaves a layer of protection, that lasts a few hours.

Chicken

#11 Post by Chicken »

I use rosebud salve, I get it in a tin on amazon. It is ggreat and a little bit goes a long way . I have tried so many. This works the best for me.

TMJJill

#12 Post by TMJJill »

I've tried lots of different kinds. I used First Aid Beauty Lip treatment for a long time. It is good.

Lately, I've gone back to using Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula with Vitamin E. It is good on rough skin and scars too.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

SunshineRay

#13 Post by SunshineRay »

The inside of my bottom lip is semi raw now too. I use stuff ON my lips but would like to know how to treat the inside part.

suphi07

#14 Post by suphi07 »

I was scared of lip filler treatment. I searched a lot on internet and read many reviews , [url=https://www.drarunghosh.co.uk/aesthetic ... l-fillers/]Ghosh Medical group[/url] helped me a lot and suggested me to try MonLiya Lips Enhancer Plumper Device.
it definitely works! it’s not a replacement for fillers or implants, so don’t expect miracles, but my
lips definitely plumped up nicely and stayed that way for several hours before starting to deflate. in my opinion, the best way to do it is several times over the course of 30-60 mins, for about 60 seconds each time. so like, last night i used it about 4 times in a hour, each time between 30-90 seconds, and 12 hours later my lips are still plumper than usual! just be careful not to overdo it because it’s very easy to get an undesirable “fish lip” effect that doesn’t match the rest of your face.