They come off tomorrow (technically today)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HollyDontSpend

They come off tomorrow (technically today)

#1 Post by HollyDontSpend »

OMG!!! :biglaf: I am so excited because my braces come off tomorrow morning at 8:10am!!!!!! I cannot wait to see what my teeth look like. I've had braces for 18 months and really looking foward to my new smile. I'll post some pictures later tomorrow too (the before and after). I don't really get a chance to celebrate right away because I am in a directing class scene an hour after they come off, then I have to get my rewrites for my thesis checked, then I have a doctor's appt, then I have to do the corrections for my thesis and get over to the library and send it to the graduate school! AHHHH! Everything is happening in the next few days. :yikes:
See you all here tomorrow! :wink:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

Wow! Good luck with all of that!

8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Gable74

#3 Post by Gable74 »

dont forget to breathe.

BracesAt42

Congratulations!

#4 Post by BracesAt42 »

Congratulations!

By this time, you are running your tongue over those newly naked teeth and having a hard time not staring at your new smile in the mirror!

But, wow, what a day you have lined up!

Definitely celebrate tonight when your day is over!

Welcome to the Naked Tooth club!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Yep, Braces at Age 42!
Damon 2's
Braces On: 9-18-2003
Braces Off: 7-13-2005

HollyDontSpend

Here they are!

#5 Post by HollyDontSpend »

My teeth feel so great! It was a bit of a suprise that they put bonded retainers on both the bottom AND the top. I thought I was getting an essix on the top. They said I am getting "the retainer" next week. Now I have no idea what they are planning. They left two molar tubes on and put some wires with hooks in them. I have a lightweight elastic that stretches between the two across my front teeth. Never heard of that one. Anyone know why they would do that? The hooks are ripping up my cheeks so I have globbed wax over the entire bracket and hook. HA! :soremouth: I got a water bottle full of sticky candies, but I am looking foward to popcorn! They also gave me some balloons, a movie gift certificate and a free portrait at a local photographer's studio. Tehy made me dance to "I'm so excited" with a 16 year old who got his braces off today too. HA! Although he was embarrassed, my pride was lost when a little girl was studying my teeth while I was in the lip spreaders waiting for the ortho to come over and do some touch ups. That was humiliating!!! Funny thing is, none of my friends really noticed until I apologized for my lisping during our acting scene today (The bonded retainer on top is not the easiest to get used to) Other than that, I have been staring in the mirror every chance I get today (BracesAt42!) :BigTeethGrin: Thank you everyone for all your well wishes!!! You guys are so sweet! :flowerbloom: So here's my pics. Not sure how well they'll look since the is the first time for me to upload some pics on here. HA!

It's like I have fake teeth! I am soooooo happy!!! Plus, I finished my thesis!

HollyDontSpend

thanks

#6 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Thank you KK!!!! I hope that everything is going well with your treatment!! :thumbsup:

momof2grlz

#7 Post by momof2grlz »

Wow! Your smile is gorgeous. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

OMG Holly your teeth are absolutely drop dead gorgeous! I think that makes all the waiting, pain, time, and money worth it if we all could have a smile like that!
Congratulations! :-)o :jump: :BigTeethGrin: :banana: :HugeGrin:

-Hannah

smilezofmetal2

#9 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

Your teeth look amazing...I hope mines look that great.

HollyDontSpend

Thank you thank you

#10 Post by HollyDontSpend »

:-88 Last night I had my first bowl of popcorn and a snickers bar. It was dvine!!! I am so excited for you guys because I can't wait to see your new smiles when your braces come off too! Thank you for all your well wishes and compliments!

asianflow

#11 Post by asianflow »

Your teeth look amazing!

Were your teeth sore the first day you got the braces off?

Dodger(UK)

#12 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Fantastic results! Holly ;) Well worth the time your teeth spent behind bars. How are you getting on with the bonded retainers. I think they are brilliant for what they do. The major plus, being that they hide behind the back of your teeth ;) I still have to wear nightime Essix retainers too.

usa1

#13 Post by usa1 »

Holly; Your teeth look great, proof there is hope for us other hopeless people!
Braces July 26 2005
Treatment time 24 months
Damon 3's top Damon 2's bottom

HollyDontSpend

#14 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Asianflow: My teeth were not sore, but I did have some soreness a few days afterwards. However, it's from the rubberband stretched across my front teeth (I still have two brackets on). I'll be getting all that off on Thursday.

DodgerUK: I really do like the bonded retainers! I had heard so many bad things about them on this forum that I think I was expecting much worse. HA! I guess it's reverse psychology huh? It's great not having to mess with any retainers...yet. I get the Essix on Thursday too, but don't know what the Rx for that will be yet. I'll let y'all know after the appt.

texasangel

#15 Post by texasangel »

Holly - your teeth look GREAT !! I can't wait for my day to come.

CONGRATS !! :thumbsup:
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!