I'm NAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

johnnys_angel

I'm NAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Post by johnnys_angel »

Hey everyone! Well I did it and it feels REALLY STRANGE!!!

This morning I got to the ortho's office late, because of traffic. Fortunately, however, they were really slow today. Anyways, I was led to the "First" chair in the room. Then they brought me some balloons and lots of sticky and sugary candy (yum!). After a few minutes of waiting, my ortho, Dr. J, came and inspected everything and gave the assistant the "OK." The first thing the assistant, Dahlia, did was put some sort of sandy powder on the back of my teeth, to prepare them for the bonded retainers. Then, she proceeded to pop the brackets off. It didn't really hurt at all (just a lot of pressure), except for a few that the gums had gotten too close. When she pulled those ones off some of my gums came off too!! So it was a bloody mess that looked awful but I didn't care!! She handed me a mirror, and when I looked into it I saw *gasp* WHITE SQUARES!! Aughh!!! But when she saw my face she laughed and reassured me that it was just the glue. After this, she bonded the retainers which consisted of gross-tasting etch and akward positions. After that she sanded off the glue, which sounded and smelled terrible but didn't hurt a bit. After that she took this pick-thing and cleaned underneath my gums, which DID sting a little. After that I was all done and I could go!! From the time I walked in to the time I walked out was about 1 hr. 20 min. My teeth feel sooo flat and really smooth, and my gums are puffy and scabbed, but I did it!!! I wouldn't trade this for anything it was awesome! Now they had better STAY in this position :wink:...I'll post pics ASAP
Last edited by johnnys_angel on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

**shinyhappybraceface**

#2 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!

:HugeGrin:
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

HollyDontSpend

Cool!

#3 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Wow! Lucky you! I'm so jealous! So, what was the first thing you ate? Or did it hurt to eat (after all the grinding)??? :-V
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

Jazziboo

#4 Post by Jazziboo »

Congrats!!!! Enjoy your new smile :D .
Jazziboo

Dodger(UK)

#5 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Congrats and welcome to the naked club ;)

johnnys_angel

#6 Post by johnnys_angel »

LOL thanks everyone. The first thing I ate was a huge piece of carmel! YUM! Actually my teeth didn't hurt at all afterwords, but now a few teeth are sore (probably trying to move back...no way that is going to happen! :lol:)
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

Ella

#7 Post by Ella »

Congrats!! I just got "naked" as well, though I didn't eat yet. Popcorn sounds good.... :lol: