Gap 3 days after debracing with Fixed Retainer?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Vicki04

Gap 3 days after debracing with Fixed Retainer?

#1 Post by Vicki04 »

Hi,

So after 3 Years I finally got my braces off on the Tuesday the 10th of September. It was a glorious day and I am super happy with the results.

The assistant in the orthodontist office applied an bonded/fixed upper 4 and lower 6 retainer to my teeth but I noticed that the upper retainer feels like its half bonded to my gum or at least really close to my gum line. I was worried about this and looked around at discussions where people say their upper retainers have been bonded close to their gum lines and most say their teeth have been fine.
Last night I noticed a gap between my upper front teeth and I wanted to know if this is normal or part of the teeth settling?

I'm due to collect my essix retainers on Monday and will ask my ortho to look at it. I am hoping that its normal and I'm just being a perfectionist. It was a horrible experience of getting the fixed retainer and I hope they don't need to redo it because I was a big baby about the whole thing :oops:

Any responses will be appreciated! Thanks
1. Crowding
2. High Canines
3. Crossbite
4. Edge to edge bite
They're just kind of wonky :crazy:

Vicki04

Re: Gap 3 days after debracing with Fixed Retainer?

#2 Post by Vicki04 »

This is where the retainer is placed and the little gap sneaking in on me.
Hopefully my removable retainers will return them back to position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1. Crowding
2. High Canines
3. Crossbite
4. Edge to edge bite
They're just kind of wonky :crazy: