After 4 years and 2.5 Months!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MissV

After 4 years and 2.5 Months!

#1 Post by MissV »

My braces will be removed this coming Wednesday (morning appointment). My Teeth look beautiful save for a hair width space between the top left canine and molar (I had extractions which in part why this process took so long) and I don't give a damn about that cause I am ready to have my teeth back :D . Getting permanent retainers on upper and lower. Gingivectomy later this summer to eliminate the bit of gummy smile that was always there but not wasn't apparent until my overbite/overjet was corrected. Is it normal for the brace removal to be anti-climatic??!!! I am somewhere between relieved and 'over it' but I am not excited. Maybe I will be once these train tracks are removed!

Anyways I am thankful...while I haven't posted much since this journey started (late March 2015), this board has been a tremendous virtual support system for me. Thank you all for your posts, tips, techniques, rants and uplifting words!

djspeece

Re: After 4 years and 2.5 Months!

#2 Post by djspeece »

Congratulations on your accomplishment! I hope things are going well.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying