15 Year Update

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TimSeattle

15 Year Update

#1 Post by TimSeattle » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am no longer active on Archwired, but usually post an annual update to cheer on those who are still in braces or have recently had them taken off. I got braces 15 years ago, and had them removed 12 years ago. My teeth are still wonderfully straight and I have a great smile. (An added bonus is that my wife thinks I look younger).

A couple of suggestions: (1) Wear your retainers regularly for life. This will keep your teeth from shifting (2) Practice good dental hygiene and visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings. I have about 10 other suggestions, but if you practice the first two, you'll be fine.

All the best to each of you!
"Every tooth in a man's mouth is more valuable than a diamond" Don Quixote

Braces On: 5/2004
Braces Off: 3/2007

Catpotat

Re: 15 Year Update

#2 Post by Catpotat » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Thanks so much for the update, I was debanded several hours ago and about to get my retainers. It's great to hear your teeth are perfect after so many years! :)

md1512

#3 Post by md1512 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:10 am

Hi! Thanks for the update, great your teeth are still in great shape. DId you have a permanent retainer fitted?

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece » Sun May 26, 2019 4:22 am

Great to hear, TimSeattle! I've been debraced for several years and wear my retainers religiously. Best of luck for continued success.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying