Tips for keeping my teeth straight

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

billysil

Tips for keeping my teeth straight

#1 Post by billysil »

Hello
So I got my braces off about 7 months ago, All was well and sunshine until a few days ago: I have a wisdom tooth coming out and it is clearly affecting my smile. One of my front teeth has already moved slightly out. It's not noticeable when you look at it, but I can definitely feel it when sliding my tongue across the teeth.
I will eventually go to a doctor because it's a wisdom tooth and needs to be checked, but I don't see it being a very necessary thing to do at the moment. My concern right now is actually my smile and how much it would affect it. It is such a recent change I love about myself and I don't want it ruined already. If they end up not pulling the tooth out and it affects my smile visibly, I am willing to get braces again for my own satisfaction despite the price.
My question is: has anyone gone through this path with a wisdom tooth and what would be your tips on keeping teeth straight?

Speck

Re: Tips for keeping my teeth straight

#2 Post by Speck »

Good golly, given the cost associated with and discomfort of having braces, I would go for an ounce of prevention versus a pound of cure. Perhaps consult your ortho about it before things go south?
-Andy

djspeece

Re: Tips for keeping my teeth straight

#3 Post by djspeece »

Agree with Andy -- don't wait to seek consultation and avoid having the wisdom tooth undo all the good work created by your braces. Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying