Six weeks into adult braces

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shaa

Six weeks into adult braces

#1 Post by Shaa »

I’m in my sixth week of braces. It has been a relatively pain free journey until one tooth on the bottom started hurting. I have also noticed that it has shifted and is slightly jutting out and feels wobbly to my touch. Is this normal? I have an overbite with overlapping and crooked front teeth on the top.

lajp

Re: Six weeks into adult braces

#2 Post by lajp »

Definitely normal with the tooth feeling wobbly or loose. That is the tooth moving and it builds up bone on one side and deteriorates on the other, then the tooth moves towards the newer developed bone. Yes, my bottom teeth have felt quite loose at times. Try not to touch them or move them with your tongue and what not. For me, it just starts a cycle of playing with my braces and things break lol.
Braced: 6 March 2018
self-ligating ceramic and metal brackets combo
Estimated Treatment Time: 22 months

djspeece

Re: Six weeks into adult braces

#3 Post by djspeece »

Shaa, Be sure to check out the "Metal Mouth Forum" at viewforum.php?f=13 which is for those with braces. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying