Bottom teeth mobile after 17 months debanding

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mrscetrone

Bottom teeth mobile after 17 months debanding

#1 Post by mrscetrone »

The first year seemed to be great. I've always had a problem with clenching (awake and asleep). I went for a cleaning today with new x-rays, and my hygienist said that the ligaments in my first two bottom teeth show signs of constant movement, so therefore, the teeth are loose. I have a bonded retainer on top front 4, and bottom front 6. When I wiggle it myself, it definitely seems mobile. I wear my retainers as I should (now just at night per my orthodontist), although sometimes I miss a night here or there, and just wear them during the day.

Has anyone else had this happen? Now, I have to shell out 200$ for a custom made night guard. Should I make an appointment with my orthodontist?

djspeece

Re: Bottom teeth mobile after 17 months debanding

#2 Post by djspeece »

I think an appointment with an orthodontist would be a great idea to explore all your options. Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying