Buck teeth and deformed face after braces

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jbel89

Buck teeth and deformed face after braces

#1 Post by jbel89 »

Hi!
I am posting this as I don't know where else I can get advice and share some of my frustration..
I had braces twice, damon as a teenager and then incognito lite 2 years ago to straighten one front tooth which was slightly flared.
When incognito lite was taken off I was happy with the result. Around a year ago my wisdoms started erupting and i strarted feeling like my bite is off. Then I noticed facial changes: I always had a good jaw, now my face is sunk and I have flared buck teeth.
What can I do to stop this? I'm really depressed, I feel like this is destroying my life :(

BlondeCam

Re: Buck teeth and deformed face after braces

#2 Post by BlondeCam »

Your wisdom teeth are probably shifting your teeth. I'm surprised your ortho hadn't recommended having them extracted even prior to them coming in. I would get to your ortho asap or to an oral surgeon.