overbite came back after braces

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

icy098

overbite came back after braces

#1 Post by icy098 »

hi. i'm sixteen and I've had braces when I was 13/7th grade. I had crowding in my lower teeth, and was corrected. I couldnt recall if I had an overbite before I had braces. They were taken off in 2015, and there wasnt any problem at that time. About a year ago I notices that I have an overbite. And now I think it got much worse. Two of my front teeth seemed to flare out more. I want to get it fixed. But i dont know how. Should I get braces again? I wont consider jaw surgery. And also, is there any way that I could prevent it from getting worse?

assertives

Re: overbite came back after braces

#2 Post by assertives »

Have you been wearing your retainers? Teeth do move around as we age, and will continue to do so throughout our lives so it is not surprising if you find your teeth have shifted years after braces come off. You should go back to your orthodontist to see what your options are.