extreme pain

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceguy123

extreme pain

#1 Post by braceguy123 »

hi new here and like the post says i am in extreme pain.on the 23rd of may i had my braces removed at the orthodontists after four years power chain on upper and lower due to a cross-bite and missing lateral incisors on upper jaw. i had no real pain through treatment aside from the adjustments and that passed quickly however on removal the orthodontist was hurried and rough as he said he had an internet conference . i was told to were my retainers from 10pm to 7am i have been a couple of weeks later i started to get a lot of pain in my upper teeth and sinus so i went to the dentist who informed me i still had a cross-bite and that a previously healthy upper canine tooth had questionable vitality i got refereed to an endodontist who said the tooth was probably dying i was given a coarse of antibiotics and ibuprofen the thing is i have no pain from that tooth at all it is on the other side of my mouth and its unendurable with needle like headaches and sinus pain was this happened to anyone else here and what was the outcome ?all replies welcome

djspeece

Re: extreme pain

#2 Post by djspeece »

The pain sounds very significant and worrisome -- I have not had that experience, so cannot comment, but wanted to wish you good luck in getting it resolved.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

braceguy123

#3 Post by braceguy123 »

thanks dan 08/08/2017 and no change at the risk of sounding histrionic i think i am starting to go crazy with the pain but thanks for the reply the people around me are getting sick of hearing me and who could blame them .

braceguy123

#4 Post by braceguy123 »

thanks djspeece 08/08/2017 and no change at the risk of sounding histrionic i think i am starting to go crazy with the pain but thanks for the reply the people around me are getting sick of hearing me and who could blame them .

djspeece

#5 Post by djspeece »

I had the worst pain I had ever experienced when a premolar when bad and required a root canal. The worst. I get it.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying