My Bottom isn't as tight as my top

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LaFawnsgrillz

My Bottom isn't as tight as my top

#1 Post by LaFawnsgrillz »

Got my metal off 3 weeks ago. I had my retainers made and got them the next day. I had forgotten when I got my impressions that I was getting one of my bottom teeth fixed, it had a chip on the back side ,I wanted to wait until getting my bracses off because it had broken two times already. I digress. Anyway , the first bottom retainer wasn't that tight but I didn't worry about because I was going to get a new one made after my chip was fixed. Well fortuniatly my dentist said I would not have to pay to get another one done ( since we probbably should have had the chip fixed a few days before getting my metal off). Well I got my new bottom retainer and at first they were tight, not as tight as the top but still good. Well now they seemed to have loosened up a bit , still kinda tight on a couple teeth but would much rather have them fit the same as the top; nice and tight! Would I be expecting too much to have to not pay for another retainer to be made? In my mind if they didn't get it right they should fix it for no charge, is that being too picky or something?

LaFawnsgrillz

Re: My Bottom isn't as tight as my top

#2 Post by LaFawnsgrillz »

I cant remember the name but they are clear and look like invisaline.

LaFawnsgrillz

#3 Post by LaFawnsgrillz »

even if it would be a third one?

LaFawnsgrillz

#4 Post by LaFawnsgrillz »

thanks

DentalDiva

#5 Post by DentalDiva »

I believe they're called Essix. That's what I have but I have the opposite problem! Top isn't as tight but dentist offered to fix it for me.