Clear aligners after braces (3 years later)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceface25

Clear aligners after braces (3 years later)

#1 Post by braceface25 »

It's been a long time since I've posted! So it's been 3 years since my braces were removed. Initially I was thrilled with my results...but once I took a closer look, I noticed that my right front tooth slightly overlapped the other by a millimeter or so. It might not sound like a lot, but as we all know, spending 2 years as an adult with braces and thousands of dollars makes you seek perfection. I didn't say anything because my wedding was coming up and I didn't want them back on. I should mention that i religiously wear my retainers and you can actually see the shape of mis shaped tooth on my top retainer. Recently, I went to a new dentist and I mentioned to her my issue. She said I wasn't crazy and that my old ortho should have filed that tooth, and the shape of it was keeping it from being flush with the other. She filed the tooth and now here I am, now with a series of 2 aligners that will only take 6 weeks costs 200 an aligner...not bad, but this whole thing could have been avoided if my ortho had a better eye for detail..
Maria
Braced on July 18, 2011

djspeece

Re: Clear aligners after braces (3 years later)

#2 Post by djspeece »

Glad that this worked out well for you, and agree that your ortho lacked some serious attention to detail.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

LisainTX

#3 Post by LisainTX »

Welcome back. I am glad to see people come back to give updates but so sorry to hear about your ortho's lack of attention. I'd be tempted to say something to him/her.
But mostly - CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding! :dance:

braceface25

#4 Post by braceface25 »

Thank you Lisaintx! I needed 3 aligners total, so I'll be posting photos when I'm done. She's been gradually filing the right tooth so it can slip into position - it's being stubborn but finally moved.
Maria
Braced on July 18, 2011