Clearbow Hawley

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Candyland

Clearbow Hawley

#1 Post by Candyland »

I wanted to do a post about the THIS COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO ADVERTISE ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR. Hawley retainer. I had never heard of it before one of my friends at school received one. I knew I was getting Hawley retainers and this sounded like a great option. I couldn't find much information on this site so I thought I would do a post in case anyone else is interested. I have the clear only for the top, and a traditional Hawley on the bottom. I have had my retainers for 5 days now and I really like the THIS COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO ADVERTISE ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR.. It seems to fit really well to the contour of my teeth, and it is much less noticeable than the metal I have on bottom. My only complaint so far is that both of the retainers have some additional wires in the back that were welded on, and every time I use retainer brite (this is what I was told to use at the ortho) the welded areas have green spots on them. I don't know what is causing this but I worry the welding may break down. Please let me know if anyone else has this problem. I have posted some pictures so you can see what the retainer looks like in real life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NeilH

Re: Clearbow Hawley

#2 Post by NeilH »

Thanks for posting this, I had heard of the THIS COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO ADVERTISE ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR. before but not seen one. Do you find it comfortable to wear?

oldfart

#3 Post by oldfart »

How sturdy is the front wire compared to normal Hawley.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

Candyland

#4 Post by Candyland »

It seems pretty comfortable. I don't notice it anymore than the regular wire I have on the bottom. As for durability, I've only had mine for a week so I really couldn't say, but there are videos online that claim it is unbreakable. It shows a man with pliers trying to break/bend it and it holds up really well.

oldfart

#5 Post by oldfart »

Jealous...
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

cdmoses6

#6 Post by cdmoses6 »

That's so cool!! I have never heard of one of those!! I feel like an uber nerd by my amount of excitement lol :oops:
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

sneed1o1

#7 Post by sneed1o1 »

Is it possible for you to show a side view? That's awesome! I'm learning something new everyday :D

Carrotcake

#8 Post by Carrotcake »

Brace free as of yesterday and got the THIS COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO ADVERTISE ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR. too.
Unfortunately I can't post photos yet.

Shrinkrap

#9 Post by Shrinkrap »

Does anyone know if requires any special training or certification to do these?