Unhappy with results

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lmsx

Unhappy with results

#1 Post by lmsx »

I had my braces taken off a few weeks ago after 20 months. Now I can't stop looking at my lateral incisors and how much I hate them. They kinda flare out or something and are shaped a little funny. I mentioned to my ortho I wasn't happy with the results and he just kinda blew me off and was irritated with the fact I was I guess. He never spoke to me after I had him shave my teeth to make them all smooth on the bottom. I can't post a photo just yet but I go back in a few weeks for my retainer check. Should I say something to him again ? I mean I spent 5409$ and I'm not happy. Im not even sure he would put them back on without charging full price again. Also not sure if its a tooth shape issue or a result of taking them off too soon.

newbite

Re: Unhappy with results

#2 Post by newbite »

Can you post a picture?

If your bite is good then you may want to consider seeing a cosmetic dentist for an evaluation for bonding or veneers, since the ortho may have reached the limit of what they can do with your teeth. If your bite isn't good then you definitely need to talk to your ortho again.
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

lmk

Re: Unhappy with results

#3 Post by lmk »

If you are not happy then definitely say something. He can't change the shape of them but the flaring, yes. My sister wasn't happy with her sons central incisors and the ortho put the braces back on him for a few months. No charge to her.