Braces off December 5th. QUESTION

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

touchofhiddencharm

Braces off December 5th. QUESTION

#1 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Hey guys. Posting here because im wondering if anyone was actually nervous to get their braces off? I've only had braces for 18 months but I'm afraid of what my teeth are going to look like without braces. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited that I'm done with my journey but I just can't believe they're coming off. Also, did anyone have any trouble with wearing their retainer? Was it hard to remember to put it in and keep it in? Thanks

gramma2xander

Re: Braces off December 5th. QUESTION

#2 Post by gramma2xander »

I have both Hawley retainers. bottom was fine, but top I had problems with. After struggling with it for a week I went back and got it adjusted at orthos. Now its perfect, Im lucky my teeth didn't move on top as I hardly wore it that first week.

touchofhiddencharm

#3 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

gramma2xander wrote:I have both Hawley retainers. bottom was fine, but top I had problems with. After struggling with it for a week I went back and got it adjusted at orthos. Now its perfect, Im lucky my teeth didn't move on top as I hardly wore it that first week.

Cool! Thanks for responding. I'm sure I'll be fine. :)

samoorelaw

#4 Post by samoorelaw »

I have an upper Hawley and a lower Essix retainer. I have had no issues with either of these retainers but I did have problems with my lower Hawley being uncomfortable, causing lisping, and causing a couple gaps on those teeth where the labial bow (the metal wire) sat. I still have one of these gaps that I'm hoping my ortho can close, as the Essix has not closed it. Never had any issues with remembering to put them in: soon you will begin to feel "naked" without them.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

arslan1

#5 Post by arslan1 »

ihave both Hawley retainers. bottom was fine, but top I had problems with. After struggling with it for a week I went back and got it adjusted at orthos. Now its perfect, Im lucky my teeth didn't move on top as I hardly wore it that first week