Finally Debraced!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Elegra

Finally Debraced!

#1 Post by Elegra »

Hi all

So here's my before and after pictures - braced January 2011, debraced March 2014. I love my result, I can bite my teeth together - such a novelty!

My full story can be read in the Lingual Forum, it's near the top at the moment.

Apologies for the quality of the after picture but it's the best I could do, I'm also wearing my Essix A+ retainers. Got fixed retainer wires on top and bottom, wearing Essix full-time for a few days then evenings and nights. I love my retainers and so great to be able to eat without constantly picking food remnants out from those blinking braces!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yecats99

Re: Finally Debraced!

#2 Post by Yecats99 »

That’s awesome! Congrats!! What type of bracket did you have?

Elegra

#3 Post by Elegra »

I don't know the name of the bracket but my linguals were old style with chunky brackets, then lowers were replaced with regular ceramics on the outside. Various power chains were required and elastics for the last couple of months.

jb1231

#4 Post by jb1231 »

Congrats! Hope everything feels fantastic.

stell4r

#5 Post by stell4r »

Congratulations!

Matilda

#6 Post by Matilda »

Congratulations!