Annual Report

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TimSeattle

Annual Report

#1 Post by TimSeattle »

It's been 10 years since I got braces and 7 years since I got retainers. I wear my original Essix retainers every night and my teeth are still as straight as the day I got my braces off.

I take very good care of my teeth, gums and mouth, all of which I neglected before orthodontics. I could not be happier with the results. I am a teacher and my appearance is important. And having my teeth straightened has corrected all the issues I had with bite, and the resulting wear and tear on my teeth and gums. And I have had no cavities in 10--count 'em--years!

Braces are worth the cost and the effort. All the best to those of you who are still on the journey!
"Every tooth in a man's mouth is more valuable than a diamond" Don Quixote

Braces On: 5/2004
Braces Off: 3/2007

Matilda

Re: Annual Report

#2 Post by Matilda »

I'm happy to read about your long-term success. Very helpful. Thanks for your report, Tim.

phasesofbeauty

#3 Post by phasesofbeauty »

I feel a little bit better about the journey that I am going to undertake now. Thanks for the report. :D

Marigold

#4 Post by Marigold »

That's great to hear! My teeth and gums have never been healthier either. Aside from the healthier alignment, I think we just tend to take better care of our teeth since we've invested so much time and money into them.
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

TimSeattle

#5 Post by TimSeattle »

Checking in with my 8-year report. My teeth are still straight and healthy. I'm only wearing retainer one night a week now. Having braces convinced me of the importance of oral hygiene. The benefits of braces far outweigh the hassle and discomfort of wearing them.
"Every tooth in a man's mouth is more valuable than a diamond" Don Quixote

Braces On: 5/2004
Braces Off: 3/2007

Bengals1418

#6 Post by Bengals1418 »

Thats awesome. Before I had my braces and even when I had my braces I didn't properly clean them. Once I got them them off and saw how good it looked. I started properly taking care of them. ITs also important because you are spending so much money on them