One tooth keeps moving!!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lykk

One tooth keeps moving!!!

#1 Post by lykk »

I got my braces off about 4 months ago now and all my teeth are very straight now and I am still wearing retainers 24/7 at the moment.

However, there is just one tooth that keeps moving backwards (Into the back of my mouth).
I can LITERALLY push it back into place after like 20 seconds off pushing with my finger, but after like 3 days I'll notice it has slowly started moving back again.

Does anybody here know exactly why it is doing this ? Am I doomed ? Or if I keep pushing it back into place after a few months it'll stop moving or what o_o.

Only one tooth does this.

1fifthmiles

Re: One tooth keeps moving!!!

#2 Post by 1fifthmiles »

call your ortho to check!!

Sayrah

#3 Post by Sayrah »

I'd definitely call your orthodontist as they may need to make an adjustment to your retainer to keep the problem from reoccurring.

Peg tooth (upper lateral incisor #10) & missing tooth (upper lateral incisor #7)
July 13, 2011 - Crown lengthening for peg tooth & bone graft for implant
March 2012 - Crown fit on peg tooth
June 2012 - Screw placed in jaw for implant
October 2012 - Implant set

lindesd

#4 Post by lindesd »

I too am having the same problem. My two top front teeth are verry wobbly and sometimes I can see a teeny-tiny space in-between them. I am pretty sure that the retainer closes it, but I don't like it opening with the retainer out.

I may be acting silly, I mean it is probably smaller than one strand of hair in diameter, and I am probably the only one that notices is, but it is frustrating. Especially after wearing the braces for so long 3 + years.

I thought after my braces were removed on May 5, 2011, that the frustration would be over. Now, frustrated with the retainer gear now. Go figure huh? :-+

Let me know how it goes.