May Debraces Club

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilfoot1112

May Debraces Club

#1 Post by lilfoot1112 »

:-* After 3 years 3 months and 27days I got got the best news ever my braces :-* wil be coming off May 17th I only have 39 more days to I cant wait :-* any one else gettting freed in May :D

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

Lanna

Re: May Debraces Club

#2 Post by Lanna »

I am! Woohoo!! May 25th after 3 years also. :dance:

alibracket

#3 Post by alibracket »

May 5th- after 20 months and "coincidentally" a few days after my last payment is due...

im just saying

tashay1985

#4 Post by tashay1985 »

Yay!! I'll have mine off on May 10th! So excited and nervous at the same time :)

SilverGirl

#5 Post by SilverGirl »

I'm in! May 11th! I loooove how my teeth have changed, and I can't wait to see them without the braces!

lindesd

#6 Post by lindesd »

3 yrs and 3 months to the DAY! I will be debraced. I am very excited, but VERY nervous at the same time. Not scared of getting the braces off, just a relapse. I truly adore my orthodontic team, so I shouldn't be nervous. I believe they will correct any bit of relapse, but I am still VERY nervous. Am I completely nuts or what???? :crazy:

msbee

#7 Post by msbee »

Mine's May 5th! My ortho thinks my teeth should be ready by then...=)

She seemed rather keen for me to get the bonded retainers for my lower row, but I'm not so sure I can tolerate not being able to floss. I'll go with Essix and Hawley!
My teeth were sentenced on 7th May 2010 to be imprisoned for 2 years.
What they did behind bars: My braces story
Finishing wire on since 4th October
Debraced June 2011!!

lilfoot1112

#8 Post by lilfoot1112 »

:-* there a good bit of US getting them off we must post pic :D

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

SilverGirl

#9 Post by SilverGirl »

Does anyone else think that time has sloooooowed dramatically since they got their de-band date?!? I think I have the longest 10 days of my life ahead of me - it's all I can think about!!!

tashay1985

#10 Post by tashay1985 »

SilverGirl wrote:Does anyone else think that time has sloooooowed dramatically since they got their de-band date?!? I think I have the longest 10 days of my life ahead of me - it's all I can think about!!!

That's how I'm feeling! I only have 9 days left but they seem so be going by soooooo slow. Hmmm the fact that I keep looking at my calendar EVERYDAY doesn't seem to help LOL :biglaf: I stare at my teeth in the mirror every chance I get, just imagining what my smile will look like without braces on and I just can't seem to picture it. I cannot wait to see my new smile I am so excited :jokerlaugh:

lilfoot1112

#11 Post by lilfoot1112 »

i feel the same way :D lol I cant wait to see my teeth again after 3 plus years but Im so scared to lol :D

tashay1985

#12 Post by tashay1985 »

I was wondering, what kind of retainers are you all getting? I was told I'd be getting an upper Essix and a permanent lower retainer. Everyone says to use RetainerBrite to clean them, but I was hesitant because it says that people who have Metal fillings have had issues with them staining their essix retainers. So now i'm not sure if its worth buying the product but I want to make sure that my retainer stays squeaky clean. Any thoughts?

SilverGirl

#13 Post by SilverGirl »

I am getting permanent retainers top and bottom. I think that's all my orthodontist does - he himself has them. One thing I'm not sure of is if I'll get removable ones to wear at night, since the permanents only go behind 4-6 teeth?

lilfoot1112

#14 Post by lilfoot1112 »

:) Im getting Essix to start with then 3 weeks later Im getting hawleys :HugeGrin: . I can wait for the hawleys to come in and Im not even debanded yet lol

Side Note:
Is any one else having the fear that when debanding day come are ortho. may not take them off that is my all time worst fear and I wish I could shake it :(

lilfoot1112

#15 Post by lilfoot1112 »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I got the best new ever today my ortho. called asking if they could bump my appointment on the 17th at first my heart sunk that they were going to tell me June but then she said can you come in this Thursday on the 5th i pretty much yell YES in her ear :oops: Im so HAPPY I cant wait :-* :-* :-* :-*