December debrace club

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LB

Re: December debrace club

#16 Post by LB »

Well I was debraced last week and have had the Essix retainers for 4 days now. The debracing itself was fine, slight jaw ache after 2 hours, but more than worth it! Felt slightly nervous as he was taking the brackets off some of my teeth, but it wasn't painful at all. The Essix retainers are absolutely fine. I was a bit nervous about them as I've read some bad reviews about them on here, but they don't cut into my gums or cause me any major discomfort. When I first put them on, the top ones were a bit painful as a couple of teeth had obviously tried to shift a bit, but that soon wore off after about 10 minutes. They are very easy to get in and out and don't bother me at all.

Can't believe it's been 21 months since I first took the plunge. The time has absolutely flown by and getting braces is one of the best things I could have done for myself. Going to wear my retainers religiously every night from now!

haywire

#17 Post by haywire »

thanks for the review about essix. i'm gonna have it too

22 hours left :mrgreen:
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

PiscesFish1969

#18 Post by PiscesFish1969 »

I was feeling a little sad on the day before, but now that they're off, there's no looking back. I have bonded retainers on uppers & lowers, and wear an Essix on top at night. We did the impression for the Essix in between debracing the uppers & lowers, and it was ready to take home with me at that appointment - I was surprised at that. Everything is comfy so I don't mind wearing it at all. Strangest thing is getting used to not having to obsess about cleaning after I eat. Flossing is still a pain, but my ortho gave me one of those battery-powered Waterpik flossers, so that helps. Oh, and I can actually take a bite of something now. So many years of pulling sandwiches and pizza and anything else into little bites with my fingers - no more! I'm so pleased, I would do it again in a heartbeat. :D :D :D :D :D
Hubby got his Harley - 8/07
Started researching Orthos - 9/07
Lower Pre-molar extractions 8/6/08
Braced on 8/13/08 - 39 years old
Debraced on 12/6/2010 - 41 years old
Looking forward to the next 41+ years, this time with an improved smile!

Sandpiper

#19 Post by Sandpiper »

Many congrats to you all - it is fantastic to hear your excitement! I am scheduled (hopefully) to be in the December 2011 debrace club, so a bit of a way to go yet, but I can't wait!! Hope you all enjoy the festivities of the season with huge smiles!!!
471 days in braces

[/url]

ricky22killie

#20 Post by ricky22killie »

i have just got debracesd literaly an hour ago lol they look so good lol im excited :LD
Lower braces on OCT 08th 2009L
Upper braces on JAN 18th 2010
18 Month Approx