December debrace club

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

haywire

December debrace club

#1 Post by haywire »

hello... anyone else getting debrace in december?
what do you do to make time go faster? i count the remaining days every day :D
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

blueberry*bunni

#2 Post by blueberry*bunni »

Me!!! :D December 13th. I dont do anything to make the time go faster, But I do count the days

Jethro

#3 Post by Jethro »

I wish I were in the December club...but I recently found out I won't be debraced until early 2011 (whatever that means). It's been 2 years this month, and I'm really anxious to join the Naked Tooth forum!

Since I don't have an exact date, time seems to be passing quickly, but I'm sure that will change once I get a date. I suggest you keep busy and enjoy life...no one ever gets time back.

I saw your pics and know you will have an excellent outcome...an early congrats to you!

danielwang

#4 Post by danielwang »

I never though that question.Just play ,do what i want ,be myself.

LB

#5 Post by LB »

Due to be debraced on December 1st - hurrah! 3 months earlier than my original anticipated debrace date. I could have been in the November debrace club as I turned up at my scheduled appointment and was told there and then they could come out - my ortho seemed as pleased as I was, hope it's not cos he's glad to see the back of me!!! Was given a choice and went for December as I needed to get my head around the thought of not having these braces anymore. I'm a bit scared about how I'll feel without all the scaffolding on my teeth - a little vulnerable to start with I think. Anyway, very excited now and getting myself prepared for the retainers. Roll on the 1st.

Aviv16

#6 Post by Aviv16 »

My debracing date is December 15th!! I can't wait. It's only a couple of weeks away now :)

blueberry*bunni

#7 Post by blueberry*bunni »

Aviv16 wrote:My debracing date is December 15th!! I can't wait. It's only a couple of weeks away now :)
Congrat Aviv16!! :-)o I get my retainer on the 15th

just2smiley

#8 Post by just2smiley »

My deband date is December 1st. This WEDNESDAY WOOHOO! :) I never thought I would see the day. My original estimate was 24-36 months :shock: But, it will actually be only 16 months! The best thing about this is that it will be a fantastic birthday present! I can't wait. Does anyone get nervous that the outcome won't live up to their high expectations? At first I was, but I'm too excited and have worked too hard to be concerned about that. Good luck to everyone :)

koffymasheen

#9 Post by koffymasheen »

I'm barely a member! Getting mine off on the 2nd! This Thursday! I'm so excited, it's crazy. This is worse than waiting for Christmas!

Stayc1803

Debraced

#10 Post by Stayc1803 »

I too am getting debraced this month! SUPER excited and sooooo cant wait! My debrace date is the 10th! Nothing I can do is really making it go by faster, just school and my son. Seems like it wont ever get here but it will!

PiscesFish1969

#11 Post by PiscesFish1969 »

My date is Wednesday 12/8. :D I'm passing the time smiling into the mirror, obsessing over whether I'm REALLY ready for them to come off. Seems like I was much more excited about getting braces than I am about getting them off - after 27 months, they seem to be a part of me now..... :?
Hubby got his Harley - 8/07
Started researching Orthos - 9/07
Lower Pre-molar extractions 8/6/08
Braced on 8/13/08 - 39 years old
Debraced on 12/6/2010 - 41 years old
Looking forward to the next 41+ years, this time with an improved smile!

koffymasheen

Re: December debrace club

#12 Post by koffymasheen »

Well, it's official. I'm naked! lol Got my braces off this morning (and 3 months ahead of my 2-year estimated date!). The whole thing only took about an hour and a half, and it wasn't bad at all! The only thing that bothered me was when they snapped off the brackets, because it sounded like she was cracking my teeth in half or something lol My teeth feel so smooth, it's fantastic, and I can't stop looking in the mirror. I'm already used to the feeling of no braces, too. The only thing I'm adjusting to is my permanent retainer on the bottom. (I also got a clear retainer up top, but I only have to wear it sleeping.) And of course, the first thing I had to do in my new life without braces was bite into an apple. (:

Good luck everyone with your debracing! Seeing your nice, straight, beautiful teeth really makes it all worth it.

imjustsupergirl

#13 Post by imjustsupergirl »

December 6th. :D I'm very excited!

Aviv16

#14 Post by Aviv16 »

That's fantastic koffymasheen! Glad to hear how worth it it is. My date is just over a week away now - I totally can't believe the day is finally coming.

haywire

#15 Post by haywire »

me neither :mrgreen: so excited !!!
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.