November Debrace Club

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

haywire

#16 Post by haywire »

i will also have that retainer setup...

no pics? :roll:
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

macgirl4ever

Getting Ready....

#17 Post by macgirl4ever »

I received my package from Dentakit yesterday. I feel prepared: 3 months worth of Retainerbrite and Sonic Brite, an ART tool, and 3 retainer cases plus the one case Dentakit gave me for free. Getting excited! I am determined to never, ever, loose these retainers!
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

lfwood

#18 Post by lfwood »

Wow, got mine off 9 days ago. Have been on holidays and it feels great.

Sorry, I don't know how to post pics, but I am happy with the results.

They look so white now that the horrible stained powerchain has been removed!!! They actually put my braces in a sealed bag for me to take home, along with my original moulds and a bottle of champagne!!

Happy days. I was really nervous when they were removed and a bit traumatised. When they took my mould for my retainer I actually dry retched (luckily I hadn't eaten since breakfast). Nasty stuff. But worth it.

Goodluck to everyone else on their de-banding!!

Braces 1st time 1986-1989
Braces 2nd time - January 2009
Lower Jaw Surgery (Advance)- January 14 2010

macgirl4ever

No pictures...for now

#19 Post by macgirl4ever »

My appointment was at 9:10 but I had to wait for an eternity before I was taken back. A few of my teeth were tender when they snapped the brackets and I couldn't stand the smell of the glue/bacteria that came with the removal of the molar bands. Overall, I did a pretty decent job of hygiene- only my gum near my very back molars one one side were red an swollen and bleed a little. The polishing and grinding away of the cement wasn't nearly as horrible as I remembered or as other people have reported. Dr. A shaped my front tooth that had chipped on a bracket early on in treatment. They took impressions for my essix and gave me my hawley retainers with just a few adjustments. My teeth are disgusting and yellow with some brown stains- hense no pictures until tomorrow after a professional cleaning and check up. I had a nice lunch at Panera with a sandwich on a crusty French baguette and a crisp salad (believe me, they were just as good as you remember them to be). Later, I picked up my essix but it had to be sanded quite a bit- it kept pinching the inside of my cheek! Dr. A surprised me with a syringe of 35% whitening gel!

evilnel

#20 Post by evilnel »

Tomorrow is the day! My teeth are SOOO sore because of them doing a few last minor tweaks today, but I'm super excited!

macgirl4ever

6 Months Later

#21 Post by macgirl4ever »

Just went for my FINAL retainer check! Nights only for life! I was a zealot with wearing nine though! How is everyone else doing?