teeth whitening?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

UGH!NOTAGAIN

teeth whitening?

#1 Post by UGH!NOTAGAIN »

have any of you gotten this done after your braces were removed?

Bekah

#2 Post by Bekah »

Mine aren't off, but I have already arranged with my dentist to get whitening trays made when they are! I did whitening before I had my braces and I am getting some bonding done when they come off.
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Audra

#3 Post by Audra »

They told me I get a whitening kit with my essix retainers (debanding July 15)

fluffybottom

#4 Post by fluffybottom »

My dentist made me whitening trays that I will pick up in a week.

Although, I must say, I was surprised how white my teeth actually were once the braces were off. They looked so yellowed by the end; I guess that was the glue. I am still going to whiten but I don't need to lighten up my teeth even half as much as I thought I was going to have to.
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

dizzyintechnicolor

#5 Post by dizzyintechnicolor »

I was worried I'd have little squares when I got them off and then I look at them and their quite a bit more white then I thought. I'm kind of scared to get my teeth whitened, so I'll just go with my natural shade. It's not BRIGHT white, but it's a dull white. :D

Donna

#6 Post by Donna »

My braces aren't off yet but I'm definitely going to whiten them. I'm also going to get some bonding to fix a few black trianges. Oh, and replace a few silver fillings with composite (white) ones.