January Debracing Club

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

changes09

#16 Post by changes09 »

THANK YOU! I qam goin gto torder some stuff for my retainers on dentakit.com after the holidays.

Karan's Mum

#17 Post by Karan's Mum »

Hi...... I'm getting them also off in January...
I had my lower braces removed 3 months ago and my upper braces were supposed to finish too but I wasn't happy with the result... so now after couple of appointments of adjusting and changing my front teeth, it's time! I'm so worried... my teeth aren't perfect yet, but then again if I compared them to the time before braces they are WAYYY better...

I'll post some pics later

sdawdy

#18 Post by sdawdy »

I can not believe that on Wednesday, I start phase I of my braces removal. I am so excited.

SD

TXMommy

#19 Post by TXMommy »

sdawdy wrote:I can not believe that on Wednesday, I start phase I of my braces removal. I am so excited.

SD
Yippee!!!! :dance: :jump: :-** :banana: So excited for you!!! Can't wait to see those pics.
Braced Jan. 31, 2008
Sentenced to 24 months
Debraced Jan. 14, 2010!
Now wearing Essix retainer on top 24/7 with bonded lower

ctoler1920

#20 Post by ctoler1920 »

OMG :D :D :D :D

I am hapy to say that I am in the Jan debanding club also!!!! This has been a long time coming. At first just the thought of having the braces on for two years but noooooo.

I had to have jaw surgery which made me have to be in braces a little longer but I must say it was worth the pain, money and time :)

Jan 13, 2010 here I come!!!!!!

TXMommy

#21 Post by TXMommy »

Congrats, ctoler1920!!! :jump: Here's to your upcoming nakkie-ness! :-88
Braced Jan. 31, 2008
Sentenced to 24 months
Debraced Jan. 14, 2010!

StarryEyedGyal

#22 Post by StarryEyedGyal »

Oh WOW! Add me to the club!!! I'm kind of sad I only posted once on this board...before I started my orthodontic treatment. I came back to look up some info on getting a permanent bonded retainer on my bottom row of teeth....

But I'm getting debanded Jan. 14th!! I'm a little apprehensive at what my smile will look like. That and I have some irrational fear my ortho will say "oops sorry I can't take them out today!!" LOL

I've had braces for 32 LONG months. Can't wait!

sdawdy

#23 Post by sdawdy »

Congrags to all of you...TX, Starry, Ctoler, Karans, Changes, Rachels, PJ, jxds.

Starry, I am feeling the same way as you are. What if things are not just right? At my last appointment i was changed from elastics 24/7 to at night...what happens if things have moved (not in the right way)? I will be all too upset that these are not coming off. I actually had a nightmare last night about that... I have not had a teeth dream since getting braces put on.

Phase I (1-6-10). Remove all brackets and molar bands behind the canines, place bonded retainers on, do molds for Hawleys. Right now on the top I am getting bonded just on the central incisors but I think I am going to ask if I can have more. I dont want these teeth to move ever again :D

Phase II (1-13-10). Remove remaining brackets and get retainers :D

I am not sure why my OD does this in two trips, but she does and I would rather go two times than get them all removed on 1-6-10 and pick up retainers a week later and they not fit due to movement.

sdawdy

#24 Post by sdawdy »

Phase I of removal is tomorrow...My OD office has never once called me to remind me about an appointment..until today...to remind me about phase I of removal...(like I needed a reminder about that :))

My appointment is at 7:30am Central Standard Time and have been advised it will be about an hour, I will post as soon as I can....

I AM SOOOOOO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!

PJ

#25 Post by PJ »

Whoohoo!!!!! I just got the tops removed!! I was hoping for both today, but I'll live with this. So happy to be coming to the end of this process--even though I'll be dealing with the retainer stuff for a couple more years.

PJ

#26 Post by PJ »

Sdawdy--how did yours go??

sdawdy

#27 Post by sdawdy »

As I mentioned before, I am now partially unbraced. The remainder will come next week. I got there a little before my appointment and had to wait as I was the first person there. They started by cutting my wire just past the brackets on the canines. I still have brackets and wires from canine to canine on both top and bottom.

They glued on the fixed retainer on the top. It is only for the central incisors. The came the fun part. Getting the brackets off, no big deal, the crunch that came with it was gross, but no biggie..then came the molar bands...

I seriously thought that they were pulling my teeth out. It didn't hurt but it was a ton of pulling, and pulling, and pulling. Finally they came out. Then they hand scrapped some of the glue off (apparently some of my teeth are still sensitive and some if it did feel quite uncomfortable enough to make me flinch...but i wont say it hurt), and said that they will get the rest next week when they do the full polish. Then I got to go brush and rinse. (oh yeah, somewhere, a bracket was dropped and almost went right down my throat.)

Then we did the mould for the top...almost puked...then remembered breath through your mouth...and thankfully, it took the first time. Then I got to brush again got get that stuff out of my mouth...blah...

I will be getting the bottom fixed retainer next week along with a top hawley retainer. Apparently, I am only getting the fixed retainer for the bottoms. So my top hawley will be purple with sparklies.

I cant believe it is finally here. I was so scared that when my OD came over she would find something that was wrong and we could not take them off....but debanding has started!!!!

SD

sdawdy

#28 Post by sdawdy »

Congrats PJ....how did yours go?

SD

TXMommy

#29 Post by TXMommy »

Congrats on starting the process, PJ & sdawdy!!! My biggest fear is, of course, that I will get there and have the ortho change his mind. Eek!
Braced Jan. 31, 2008
Sentenced to 24 months
Debraced Jan. 14, 2010!

changes09

#30 Post by changes09 »

I'm getting my braces off all in one day! The doc said I'll be with him for three hours that day! :) So excited! 19 more days! :P