And they're OFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouthmommy

#1 Post by metalmouthmommy »

And they're OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am SOOOO happy! Today was *the* deband date and I still can't believe how terrific they look! I keep looking at myself in the mirror....wait, are those MY teeth???!!!! He was able to shape the chipped and worn down teeth and it makes SUCH a diff!

I have to get used to the Hawley's. The gag reflex is in overdrive right now! I was told today to call Monday and they will have an Essex for me to wear on the top too! A bonus! So hopefully that will be less gag-worthy for me?!

Also, I just went for a cleaning and talked to my dentist; I am going in to see him Monday too so he can "build up" my #10 tooth. Said I should get three years out of a bonding! Almost perfect yet!

Any how, without further ado............the new choppers (adios jabbertooth!)

jenny101101

#2 Post by jenny101101 »

Woohoo!!! Congrats Katie, they look terrific!! You must be so pleased, huh?
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

switchblades

#3 Post by switchblades »

Fantastic! I got mine off last week, doesn't it just feel sooooo freaking awesome?! hehe
Initial Consult: August 22nd, 2008
Upper Arch Bracketed: October 22nd, 2008
Lower Arch Bracketed: December 3rd, 2008
Debraced: October 15th, 2009

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

PatJ

#4 Post by PatJ »

They look great, you must be very pleased. I get debraced in exactly 14 days (2 years and 4 days) and cannot wait although I am getting a bit nervous about the actual debanding. Did it hurt getting them off? These things are stuck on so fast that I can't imagine how they will come off so easily.

switchblades

Re: And they're OFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

#5 Post by switchblades »

PatJ wrote:They look great, you must be very pleased. I get debraced in exactly 14 days (2 years and 4 days) and cannot wait although I am getting a bit nervous about the actual debanding. Did it hurt getting them off? These things are stuck on so fast that I can't imagine how they will come off so easily.
I found it didn't hurt much this time around, but the first time I had braces it really hurt. It depends on the ortho I suppose. I did notice that for my frontals (upper and lower) this time, it felt like he was gonna break my teeth in half, but that's probably because I have sensitive teeth!

The worst of it for me was having the cement ground off.

Congrats on being so close to the end!
Initial Consult: August 22nd, 2008
Upper Arch Bracketed: October 22nd, 2008
Lower Arch Bracketed: December 3rd, 2008
Debraced: October 15th, 2009

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

metalmouthmommy

#6 Post by metalmouthmommy »

thanks everyone :flowerbloom:

I didn't find it to hurt at all! I had ceramic and top; and everyone kept telling me how much those hurt coming off but I didn't think it was bad?!

I was just so happy to be having them removed they could've done whatever they wanted :)