2 years later and double jaw surgery...I'm free!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mannab271

2 years later and double jaw surgery...I'm free!!

#1 Post by mannab271 »

That's all folks!!! I can't believe it, I'm finally free of braces.

Those that remember me, I had a Lefort I & BSSO all with rigid fixation and bone grafts August 12, 2008. I was braced April 24, 2007. Well May 19th 2009 I'm done!

I have a Astics retainer on top and Hawley on bottom...Just got those bad boys yesterday. Anyone have a Astics Retainer?? If so...what's the staining like on the front clear wire? Red Wine? Soda? Tea? Anything?

FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY IM FREE AT LAST!!

GracieG.

#2 Post by GracieG. »

YAY!!! Congrats to you!!! :-)o I too will be free tomorrow after nearly 2 and half years! I would love to see some pics of your new smile!

mannab271

#3 Post by mannab271 »

Here's the day I got them off.

here's the retainer pictures...along with the new Astics Retainer...which by the way, I emailed the CEO on their website who said he's been wearing his for 18 months and they haven't found a substance that stains the front wire. I asked him about wine, tea, soda...He said "Go for it"

mannab271

#4 Post by mannab271 »

so retainer wearing is great. Everyone loves the fact they can hardly see the top one.

I'm eating like a pro with no braces...lord help the pounds I put on!! ha ha

My 1st appt at the ortho is in like 2 weeks, they are going to shave down the retainer a bit I have about a 1mm space they are filling on one side that just was taking forever (even with a powerchain) with the braces on. My Ortho didn't want to keep them on any longer since every other tooth was perfect. So I'll keep everyone posted..