Help with snoring

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Indian

Help with snoring

#1 Post by Tin Indian »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Does anyone know of a good anti-snore device that is retainer friendly? During the time I was in braces my snoring subsided but in the six months or so since it has taken off.I think was has happened is that my retainer takes up the extra space in my mouth that my braces made. My wife can hardly sleep at night and the thought of separate beds is ----Well you get the point. . ANY ideas?
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

I think there are devices that act like retainers the help with snoring (like a clear mouth splint).

Your orthodontist might be able to make a custom device for you. I've seen ads for these sort of products in orthodontic trade publications.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!