Questions.........

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lavender

Questions.........

#1 Post by Lavender »

I'm still in braces, but have some questions about retainers. I just want to be ready when the time comes. My ortho usually goes with essix, but I'm a night grinder and would prefer hawleys. Do you think he'd give me the hawleys instead? Also was wondering will it even be possible for hawleys due to the fact that I still have wisdom teeth? One more question... how long do you continue to see your ortho after getting your braces off?

All metal

Lavender

#2 Post by Lavender »

Thank you so much for answering.
I figured that I'd grind through an essix. I had invisalign first and cracked a few trays along the way. I had a night guard made by my dentist before. Would wearing a night guard cause my bite to open up again? I mean from the pressure of clenching on something? I've not ever seen hawleys without the wire in back, thats why I had the question about getting one with wisdom teeth. Without the wires in back, how is it tightened? And how does it keep your teeth from separating? I hope I'm not asking too many questions.........

All metal

Lavender

#3 Post by Lavender »

One more question.........how long do you continue to see your ortho after getting your braces off?

All metal

Lavender

#4 Post by Lavender »

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. Have a great holiday! :)

All metal

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

I have been seeing my ortho every 12 weeks since removal (almost 2 years ago). I've had movement in my uppers and lots of retainer tweeking.

My kids saw their ortho (different doc) 2 times each and then were cut off.

Every ortho is different and every treatment is different, there doesn't seem to be a standard..
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm