Too soon?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

~Violet~

Too soon?

#1 Post by ~Violet~ »

I lived with Invisalign braces for 1.5 years. One of my side upper teeth sunk almost half way into my maxilla before I noticed and we had struggled to bring it back down with several (failed) invisalign adjustments. Three weeks ago my ortho opted to pull it down by attaching 3 braces.

I was surprised (scared at first!) that it had come all the way down in a couple of days! Yesterday (3 weeks later), she took off the braces and made impressions for my final plastic retainers.

Today when I picked them up, another ortho was there and said my tooth may sink back in if the braces were removed too soon so I'll have to be really vigilant... oh s%&t! My teeth around that tooth are still very tender and the retainer hurts (she said it should be tight)... Should I be worried? Was it too early? How long should I have waited? Should I maybe go for a permanent (wire?) retainer instead to be sure they don't move or something?? I am so tired of messing around with my teeth. I feel like a guineapig with all these trial-and-errors and I fear for their health! Help, please? :(

~Violet~

#2 Post by ~Violet~ »

*sniff* I've had the plastic retainer on for two nights and it is very tight and extremely painful. :( My ortho said it should not hurt but to keep wearing it till she sees me as early as she can, which is in 3 whole days... I'm so paranoid about root damage and this misfit is not helping. :'(''''

This was a pointless post but I just wanted to rant away my frustration. *tear*

Cinnamon

#3 Post by Cinnamon »

I don't have any advice for you, but it seems like you are doing the right thing by seeing your ortho. I feel for you....hope it all works out.

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image