Did you keep your braces?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nimo

Did you keep your braces?

#1 Post by nimo »

They unexpectedly took my braces off last Wednesday, hooray! When it was all over the assistant asked me if I wanted to keep my braces. I said sure, and now they're sitting on my dresser in a plastic bag.

So has anyone ever kept their braces? What did you do with them? I'm thinking of gluing them to a Day of the Dead skull and setting it on my desk at work. They also let me keep the mold they made up my upper teeth (she said the lower one broke).
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Nah, didn't keep mine.

Maggie

#3 Post by Maggie »

LOL! I wasn't given the option of keeping them, but that's kind of cute! I like the idea of putting them on a skull! I probably would have put them on one of those wind-up teeth toys, but that idea is cuter!

jaswi

#4 Post by jaswi »

Didn't have the option, mine came off in pieces anyhow, and not a whole piece, shame really i woulda liked to see it.

retainerjoe

#5 Post by retainerjoe »

yes i did , i've kept all my orthodontic appliances
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

Gennel

#6 Post by Gennel »

I always said I was going to keep mine but I was so damn excited yesterday that I didnt bother to ask for them! lol I had plans on making a bracelet with the brackets. Ihad the gold braces so I thought that would be cool to keep :(

Gennel

Tin Indian

#7 Post by Tin Indian »

I got to keep my lowers because they were metal but my upers were tossed because they came off in pieces because they were ceramic. Don't have a clue as to why I wanted them for maybe just to remind myself of what I did.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

platinum

#8 Post by platinum »

I wont keep mine even if I could. I am moving often and I usually throw loads of stuff away.

alimommy1

#9 Post by alimommy1 »

I kept mine but I have no idea where I put them. They were in a small envelope and I had them in a box with my impression models - my ortho gave me those too.

HeyTeach

#10 Post by HeyTeach »

I was thinking about it, but when I saw how small they were in actuality, I said toss them. (sure felt bigger than that in my mouth). oh well...

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: Did you keep your braces?

#11 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I asked the assistant if I could have them she rinsed them off and put them in one of them sterile surgical baggys, when my orthodontist caught wind of it was like you're really gross I said I don't care being different makes me PROUD!!! Idk where they are now, probably in my braces aftercare backpack thing she gave me.
Jenn Medeiros