What being debanded like? I have a date!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DotDotDot

What being debanded like? I have a date!

#1 Post by DotDotDot »

So excited lol! Ont a few more days left! But I have a question. If you had really yellow teeth before your braces and didn't brush well. Any now you brush really well and its much whiter. Will the teeth look really ugly after you take them off?

retainerjoe

#2 Post by retainerjoe »

some teeth are more yellow than others , an if you brush more now , the chance's, are you woun't see any different , i think you'll be fine
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

diande

#3 Post by diande »

debanding is fun just for the anticipation of the outcome :) everyone may have slightly different details of how the Ortho did it. my ortho placed my bonded retainers first, then removed my braces and finally showed me how to place the upper hawley (i wrote about it in detail in a topic somewhere lower down on the page when i was debanded last week)
Upper and lower bonded retainers; Upper Hawley for night time

DEBANDED ON FRIDAY 15TH AUGUST 2008 - FINALLY!!!

Braced on 13 September 2006 - Ceramic upper and lower brackets - Estimated time was 12 Months