One-Year Anniversary

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TimSeattle

One-Year Anniversary

#1 Post by TimSeattle »

I just celebrated my one-year anniversary of being out of braces. I still wear Essix plastic retainers every night. My teeth are still in good shape and in the same good alignment.

For anyone new to this, or unsure of the outcome, or frustrated by your progress, hang in there. Four years after I made the decision to get orthodontic treatment, I can say that braces were fully worth every cent, and every frustration,pain and inconvenience I went through.

Tim
"Every tooth in a man's mouth is more valuable than a diamond" Don Quixote

Braces On: 5/2004
Braces Off: 3/2007

TimSeattle

#2 Post by TimSeattle »

Another update: I'm one of the original members here and am glad to see that Archwired is still going strong and offering so much information and support to those in braces.

I've been out of braces for three--count 'em--years now and wear my retainers every night. My teeth are still handsomely straight.

All the best to each of you whatever stage of the process you're at. It's all worth it in the end!

Tim
"Every tooth in a man's mouth is more valuable than a diamond" Don Quixote

Braces On: 5/2004
Braces Off: 3/2007