Permanent Retainer.

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

RGW

#16 Post by RGW »

What if your bottom row isn't really the issue? My ortho has always been more concerned with my top row of teeth. And how "permanent" is this permanent retainer? Wouldn't you eventually have to have it removed?

na2r4

#17 Post by na2r4 »

I had mine put on today, both top and bottom. Top one feels fine, it's fixed right on to the back of all 4 front teeth. Bottom one supports my bottom front 6 teeth and it is only attached to 2 teeth, bottom one juts out a little, but not too badly, it's ever so slight. In NY, top retainer costs around 350, i don't know about other states, i'm afraid. I know that only some people are candidates for the top retainers though, not everyone can have them.

browneyedgrl

#18 Post by browneyedgrl »

I had my lower bonded placed 3 months ago, and it's great!!! It's attached from 3-3 on all 6 teeth. The only issue that I have is that it takes alittle longer to floss.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

RGW

#19 Post by RGW »

How exactly do you floss with the bottom wire? And do you still have to brush after you eat anything?

browneyedgrl

#20 Post by browneyedgrl »

I use glide superfloss which I used while I had my braces. I also keep a travel pic in my bag as well.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]