getting braces for the third time

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

flipib05

#1 Post by flipib05 »

Hi Everyone,
when i was in 6 i went to the orthodontist and found out that i had to have braces. 2 years later i got them off. that was only phase one of my braces. then when i was ten i had to get braces again to straighten my teeth and so on. finally, after three long years, i got them off in june of 06. then i went to the orthodontist in september and my bonded retainer didn't hold my teeth into place so he informed me that i had to get braces again!!!!!! :x my midline was all off and my bottom teeth were just a mess! So i got them back on. Now, they just seem to be getting worse! I have a HUGE gap between my two front teeth on the top and they just look really bad! Has anyone had this same experience?
thanx :(
Last edited by flipib05 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SUGARANGEL

#2 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey, I am so sorry to hear about your teeth problem. Maybe you need to check your past and present orthodontist background to see if he or she holds the boards of orthodontic. Did you put your hawley retainer in all the time?

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

flipib05

#3 Post by flipib05 »

hey!
I wore my hawley 24/7 unless i was brusing my teeth. My orthodontist is Dr. Patrick Niland in Caldwell, Idaho. He has done a good job on others and some not so well.

flipib05

#4 Post by flipib05 »

my orthos things says D.D.S, M.S What does this mean?

victory1

#5 Post by victory1 »

Where you happy with your reszults before they removed the braces? And how long did you have the braces off? How often do you go back for retainer check?

SUGARANGEL

#6 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hi, To show you for example about my orthodontist's background experienced. I went to her website. So you can check into to see what your past orthodontist in idaho got.. maybe you can go to his website and see it if he got one.

This is my orthodontist background experienced:

Peggy H. Augustine, D.D.S., P.C.

Dr. Augustine is a graduate of Howard University College of Dentistry. In 1979, she joined the U.S. Army as a general dentist. In 1990, she completed certification in Orthodontics at the Fort Meade Orthodontic Residency Program.

Dr. Augustine separated from the military in 1996, having served 17 years, including Assistant Director and Instructor in the Fort Meade Residency Program.

As an Army orthodontist, she served as acting chief of orthodontics at Walter Reed Army Hospital's, Oral Maxillofacial Sugery Program. She served a dual role as an instructor for the Pediatric Residency, as well as the Asst. Director of the Fort Meade Orthodontic Residency Program.

Dr. Augustine began her private practice in the state of Maryland in 1996. She and her family are pleased to now be members of the Columbus community. Since relocating to Georgia, her mission has remained the same: "To Broaden the Access of Quality Orthodontic Care to More People."

Dr. Augustine is a distinguished member of the American Dental Association, the American Association of Orthodontists, the Southern Association of Orthodontists, and she holds Board Eligibility in the American Board of Orthodontics. She and her family are active members of Trinity Episcopal Church.

Dr Augustine is the mother of two sons. She loves to travel the world, and enjoys many multicultural experiences.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

flipib05

#7 Post by flipib05 »

Hi,
I was very happy with the final result! they were great! I got them off of June 28th and went back for a two week check up and then went every 4 weeks until the middle of september.

flipib05

#8 Post by flipib05 »

Hi,
I was very happy with the final result! they were great! I got them off of June 28th and went back for a two week check up and then went every 4 weeks until the middle of september.

MsViola

#9 Post by MsViola »

Wow! I feel so bad for you. Did you have to pay each time?

MsViola

flipib05

#10 Post by flipib05 »

hi,
we had to pay the first two times and the third time(this time) they were free.