Crest whitening strips

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hannah164

Crest whitening strips

#1 Post by hannah164 »

Since I got my braces off on Wednesday I would really like to whiten my teeth! My dentist suggested Crest Whitening strips for now and then in 6 months or maybe even a year we could bleach my teeth. He said he doesn't like bleaching teeth so soon after getting braces off because it makes teeth ultra sensitive.

I was wondering what everyone's experiences with Crest white strips or other whitening products was?

Thanks!

~hAnnah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Braces OFF! November 1, 2006
Retainers: November 8, 2006

lesliew

#2 Post by lesliew »

I'm in the process of using them now so I'll let you know in 4 days whether they're any good. I've tried the Rembrandt strips but didn't like them. I didn't notice any improvement and they were bulky to wear. My teeth are a bit sensitve from the the White Strips but a toothpaste for sensitive teeth helps a lot. I'm a black tea and red wine drinker so I'm not expecting miracles! I'll probably end up going to a dentist for a whitening procedure eventually.

johnnys_angel

#3 Post by johnnys_angel »

I bought the premium white strips, used three sets and saved the rest for the future because my teeth were already remarkably whiter! I wasn't sure that they would work that well since my teeth were already quite bright, but they improved them a lot! I would definitely recommend them, I didn't have any sensitivity after using them, however you might if you used the entire package at once.
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

Grammy

white strips

#4 Post by Grammy »

I have always had good results with the Crest White Strips. I usually tell the most difference after the first one, and don't always use the whole kit, just save them till I think I need to do it again. I just got my braces off yesterday, and though they looked better than I expected, I used a strip last night and again tonight. I go to my hygenist and dentist next week, and will ask them about whitening, but I am supposed to wait for that a little while. Try them...they are reasonablly priced and won't hurt anything to try. Good luck!
aiming for a BEAUTIFUL smile!

lesliew

#5 Post by lesliew »

I'm on day three and have already noticed a difference! I have the premium strips. I'm going to finish this box, it's a seven day supply, and I might even get a second box if my teeth don't hurt too much. Right now they're a little sensitive but not too bad. I figured the White Strips were pretty good as they're always selling out at my local Walmart.

biteowl

#6 Post by biteowl »

Can these strips be used on your lower teeth if you have a fixed retainer on? I'm just afraid of it hurting the material that holds the little wire in place - I bought a box of them last night and then as I was opening the box this morning that thought occured to me and I thought, "Darn it!" My ortho's office is closed today =( and I really wanted to get started this morning for a party next Friday. (Got the 7 day box)

johnnys_angel

#7 Post by johnnys_angel »

biteowl wrote:Can these strips be used on your lower teeth if you have a fixed retainer on? I'm just afraid of it hurting the material that holds the little wire in place - I bought a box of them last night and then as I was opening the box this morning that thought occured to me and I thought, "Darn it!" My ortho's office is closed today =( and I really wanted to get started this morning for a party next Friday. (Got the 7 day box)
I tried the lower strips with my bonded retainer, and nothing happened to me (thankfully! I didn't even consider that possibility until I read your post)....bonded retainers can handle a lot more than I thought they could when I first got mine on. I love it :D
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

johnnys_angel

#8 Post by johnnys_angel »

biteowl wrote:Can these strips be used on your lower teeth if you have a fixed retainer on? I'm just afraid of it hurting the material that holds the little wire in place - I bought a box of them last night and then as I was opening the box this morning that thought occured to me and I thought, "Darn it!" My ortho's office is closed today =( and I really wanted to get started this morning for a party next Friday. (Got the 7 day box)
I tried the lower strips with my bonded retainer, and nothing happened to me (thankfully! I didn't even consider that possibility until I read your post)....bonded retainers can handle a lot more than I thought they could when I first got mine on. I love it :D

jcdamon3

#9 Post by jcdamon3 »

I wouldn't worry about it. I am having my teeth whitened by my dentist with a fixed retainer on and the solution is much stronger.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!