New -- Retainer Wipes and Retainer Cleaning Spray!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

New -- Retainer Wipes and Retainer Cleaning Spray!

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

I'm so excited to announce a new product line to you guys for cleaning retainers and aligners. It is called "Cleanse. Freshen. Go." There are two products: individually packaged moist towelettes, and a small bottle of spray. You can use either one to keep your retainer or aligner fresh and free of bacteria between regular cleanings.

The towelettes/wipes are textured. They come in either a box of 20 or a bulk bag of 100. To use them, you just wipe your retainer. That's all.

The spray comes in a 2 ounce bottle, which yields about 50 to 60 cleanings. To use it, you spray it on your retainer, brush briefly (or use clean fingertips to work it over your retainer), then rinse with fresh water.

You can see these new products at DentaKit.com. They were just added today:

http://www.dentakit.com/clfrgo.html

I was hoping that at some point a company would invent a retainer wipe. If I wasn't so busy with other things, I'd have created it myself! I know that I certainly could have used a product like this when I was in retainers 24/7, so I think that others will also find it very useful, especially with summer vacation and camp coming up.

-Lynn
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

hotsteve

#2 Post by hotsteve »

Hey :)
Do you know if these products are available in the UK anywhere? Thanks :)

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

As far as I know, they are only available in the US. DentaKit.com ships worldwide.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

catgyrl

Re: New -- Retainer Wipes and Retainer Cleaning Spray!

#4 Post by catgyrl »

I just got debraced last week, and have been using the wipes, and they're WONDERFUL!! Easy to carry around (threw a few in my purse... a few in my desk at work...) They leave a very faint minty taste, which I also love. I use the wipes during the day and before I go to bed, and my SonicBrite cleaner in the morning (when my retainer is at its FUNKIEST! That thing is quite awful first thing in the morning.)

I really can't say enough about these products. SO worth the price!

Dobby

#5 Post by Dobby »

I believe these wipes are persulfate free. So, does that mean that they are safe to use on retainers with solder joints?? I don't soak my retainers due to solder joints. I brush them with toothpaste, but sometimes they don't feel fresh. I'm thinking these wipes (and maybe the spray) might be just the thing for me.

gogorick

#6 Post by gogorick »

going to try these for sure

Hawleyx2

#7 Post by Hawleyx2 »

I'm new here, great site for info, count me in on getting these wipes. :D I have upper and lower Hawleys, had to have 2 adjustment so far, is that normal to have adjustments?