Hawley color

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

samoorelaw

Re: Hawley color

#16 Post by samoorelaw »

clairesky wrote:What do you have for the upper?
I have an upper Hawley. I chose the Hawley for the upper because I've read that most orthos prefer to use that one on those patients who have had upper jaw surgery: I guess it gives more support to the expanded arch. While my ortho gave me a choice between that an Essix, I chose the standard Hawley for the upper, which is much more comfortable than the lower wraparound!
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

altesse7

#17 Post by altesse7 »

I just got my braces of last week. I'm picking up my retainers, tomorrow. I got a Hawley on the bottom, in Silver/clear glitter. Then, an Essex on top. My teeth have shifted, a little, in spots, so I cant wait to get them on!
May 6,2013- Traditional Braces applied
To upper and lower
Length of treatment- 18-24 months
No more Elastics, as of 10/20/14
Horse Lover

cherise25

#18 Post by cherise25 »

I got my braces off June 4, 2015. I chose Hawley retainers because I thought they would last longer, and I got to choose a color. I chose purple glitter. They are really pretty cool, except that the glitter is unevenly spread in the acrylic, and so it is more glittery in some places and kind of mostly clear in other places. But I don't mind that much as I am pretty much the only one that sees that part of my retainers. I also got Essix retainers as temporary ones while my Hawley retainers were being made.
Top Braces March 25, 2013
Exposure and Bonding surgery for impacted canine August 22, 2013
Bottom Braces March 17, 2014
Top and Bottom Braces Removed June 4, 2015

BracedSurgeryStudent

#19 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I chose red, and then misplaced my upper one and got a lime green one but never ended up needing to pick it up because I found mine
Jenn Medeiros