THEY'RE OFF! (pics)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceface94

THEY'RE OFF! (pics)

#1 Post by braceface94 »

So I got out of school today at 12:20 before lunch, ate lunch at home and then left for my appointment around around 1:30. My appointment was at 2:30 so we left and got there about 15 minutes early.

I sat in the chair, asked my question about my bite and he told me it was just because my teeth were a little different sizes on one side, so that's why it looked like it was off. After this he got his tool and began clipping off the brackets and wires. I know a lot of people say this doesn't hurt, but this hurt pretty bad.. my teeth are pretty sensitive to pressure and it hurt for a few seconds and then disappeared, but it was like that for all of the teeth. After they were all of he explained he was going to take two off the bottom and reposition them. He took those off and ground off the glue.. this also hurt, I was close to crying, because it was so cold.. After all of the glue was gone, he sanded down the ridges on my teeth to make them all pretty looking haha, and then polished them. I believe after this he put the bottom brackets back on.

He got out some floss and put them behind my teeth.. he glued a wire to the back of my teeth and pulled the floss to make the retainer stay in place until the glue dried. I am not yet used to this haha :P I tried eating with the retainer and its extremely weird.

Pictures:
(I'm not sure why it's in black and white)

All in all, I am extremely happy. I know they probably don't look that great in the picture, but when I look in the mirror and see them, they look amazing. I am so happy to have them off. I go in next week to get another retainer to wear at night, and my journey with the tops is over. He said the lowers would probably come off in the next couple months. :)

Steph in Sac

#2 Post by Steph in Sac »

I think your teeth look amazing! Congrats!

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#3 Post by blindboarder2008 »

congratz on getting the top braces off!!!! I can imagine you are getting pretty anxious about getting the bottoms one off as well!!!

re the fixed retainer: I to have a fixed retainer and it did take a bit of getting used to. Its so nice though that food doens't get stuck as easily though!!!!!

ur teeth look good:) cant wait to see the finished product!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!