Marks on the teeth of an ex brace wearer?

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Crowded Mouth

Marks on the teeth of an ex brace wearer?

#1 Post by Crowded Mouth »

There was a girl who worked at the same place as me and she had braces for some time. This was 3 years ago and I never talked to her about it because she was not a close friend so I didnt want to embarrass her by bringing attention to them. When the braces were removed there was a dark greyish patch/mark left on each tooth where the brackets were attached, what was this.... and is it common.. I have not seen it mentioned on here before. Does anyone know or have they heard of it before... :o

JumpTheDitch

Braces mark

#2 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Hey Crowded Mouth,

I've seen a braces-related mark before; I remember a girl from school that had braces years ago. When her braces were on there was a huge glob of glue on one of the very front (top arch) teeth that looked pretty bad. When her braces got taken off there was a big mark where the tooth had stained around the glue. Nasty. I can only guess she didn't brush her teeth overly when she had the braces. It would have been 15 years ago, and in a fairly smallish country town, hope it's not common, I don't much fancy marks on my teeth after all this!!