Basic principles

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TimSeattle

#1 Post by TimSeattle »

About a year ago, I did the same local library search for a Braces 101 book. There was nothing I could find to satisfy my own curiosity. Everything was too simple.

I did a University library search and found that all the orthodontics texts were geared to dental students, so too technical. I wish there were something out there for those who want to understand orthodontics better, without becoming orthodontists ourselves.
"Every tooth in a man's mouth is more valuable than a diamond" Don Quixote

Braces On: 5/2004
Braces Off: 3/2007

Evelyn

#2 Post by Evelyn »

I would love that as well, just something to educate us about what's happening to our teeth and why, how the changes in the archwire, placements of brackets, and different wires change our teeth, etc. etc.

It would be very interesting! Especially since I'm looking at becoming an orthodontist myself but I don't think I'm quite ready for the advanced dentistry books quite yet.

Evelyn
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

**shinyhappybraceface**

#3 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

I'm not an orthodontist (obviously), but I did find the following textbook, marketed toward "undergraduates and general practitioners with an interest in orthodontics":

An Introduction to Orthodontics by Mitchell, Carter and Doubleday (2nd Edition); ISBN: 0192631845

If you're interested in it (or any other text for that matter), check it out on www.campusi.com as that's where I've found the best deal on textbooks. They search quite a few websites, including Amazon Marketplace and eBay, for the best prices.

Hope this helps! :)
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

shinyhappybraceface, that looks great! I'm going to try to get it ASAP, it looks fascinating!

Thanks, Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

**shinyhappybraceface**

#5 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

Glad I could help! :)
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB