Front teeth hitting lower brackets

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sarah

Front teeth hitting lower brackets

#1 Post by Sarah »

My front two teeth are hitting my lower brackets when I close my mouth. When I chew or close my mouth my molars don't touch. As a result the front teeth are being worn away at a fast pace. About 2mm so far. Is this okay? I have about eight months left in my treatment to close the gaps on the side.

Knucemike

#2 Post by Knucemike »

I have the same thing happening with the top teeth hitting the brackets. It looks like we have the same elastics. Mine started hitting about two months after i got my elastics. I hadnt thought about the teeth wearing from them hitting the brackets. Now you have me worried! I will be sure to ask about that at my next adjustment in a few weeks.
Braces on 11/03 - Hopefully off 5/06 -Now changed to 4/07

Ev's Mom

top teeth hitting lower brackets

#3 Post by Ev's Mom »

I have actually had this happen on 2 seperate occassions. The first time was about 2mo into treatment--the ortho filled my back molars with ultralight so those 4 teeth were the only ones that touched. After a few months and my arch improving, the ultralight came out and no more hitting---until, this last wire change--the ortho then just clipped part of the lower bracket. All is well. It is in your best interest to call the ortho as soon as possible because this is not normal and can be treated. Good luck :D
Damon II 12-12-05--est. 24-30 months