hard to explain, but will try

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

roxx

hard to explain, but will try

#1 Post by roxx »

hi,i posted earlier about the damon brackets my son may get, thanks for every ones input.
Now heres my next question.
Because of I guess an overbite, his top teeth almost cover his bottom teeth, and i guess you should be ale to see something like 2/3rd of the bottom row. well the ortho says they are going to put these things behind his 2 top front teeth, to prevent him from biting down all the way Suppose to be bothersome for a time, cause he wont be able to chew properly because the teeth wont be touching in back.Is this a common practice with damons, or are they so prone to breaking that this is a precaution.
thanks,
roxx

HeadgearJoe

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

hi , this is very common, i myself had a very nasty deep overbite an they were placed on my teeth , mine are called levy's stop , an mine are a part of me the rest of my life , mine are tooth colored an you get use to them pretty quick , but the first few days are trying .
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

joney

#3 Post by joney »

Roxx

My daughter had a bit plate for a month and this helped to fix her overbite. She got the bite plate (like a plastic retainer with a lump behind the front teeth) prior to her brace. She got used to it very quickly. She is getting her braces fixed tomorrow (she has the spacers at the moment). She finds it strange now that she doesn't have her overbite, she said that she was used to her bottom teeth hitting the roof of her mouth.

Regards
Joney