2 teeth extracted and now I think I made mistake (see photo)

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xus75

2 teeth extracted and now I think I made mistake (see photo)

#1 Post by xus75 »

Hello, I have been going crazy these last few days since I feel have lost some trust in my dentist. He extracted 2 teeth so I could correct my bite (make space at teh bottom), now I am not sure he has done te right thing. Please take a look at the photos and let me know what you think.
Thank you
Xavier

my bite: http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 453ap6.jpg
side view: http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 455bw7.jpg

sportsgrl97

#2 Post by sportsgrl97 »

personally... your teeth dont look to be that crowded on the bottom... unless you have an underbite i really dont see any reason they should have been extracted... did you get more than one opinion?

rsprouse

#3 Post by rsprouse »

Xavier,

Why do you feel as if the dentist has made a mistake? From the side shot it looks like you have a nice Class I molar relationship and are missing a bicuspid in your maxilla (at least on the right side). It looks like s/he has created space and will be moving the anterior segment distally to close the gap and create a near ideal occlusion throughout your mouth. The pictures are not a replacement for a clinical exam but it looks like a good treatment option to me.

Good Luck,
Rory

xus75

#4 Post by xus75 »

Thank you Rory and Sportsgirl. I am quite nervous, I got 2 opinions, both told me I needed tooth extractions to pull my bottom teeth towards the back and fix my bite (two dentists had different opinions about which teeth to remove).

Dont abandon me dear readers; I will post new pics next week so you can get a better look and share your opinions.

Its good to know I am not alone in this ordeal....

Thank you

Xavier

nvcarissa

#5 Post by nvcarissa »

both told me I needed tooth extractions to pull my bottom teeth towards the back and fix my bite
Before you posted this, and after looking at your pictures, I thought this was what your ortho/dentist was trying to accomplish. It looks like your bottom teeth need to move back slightly, and the extractions and braces would accomplish that.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

Looks appropriate to me too. :thumbsup:
Thats my "uneducated" guess. :)
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

sjsarre

#7 Post by sjsarre »

When I saw the front profile I was a bit sceptical but after viewing the side it looks good to me?!

but of course i'm no expert.. I'm just going by what my extractions were trying to achieve

:D

SDFD TSchott

#8 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Pictures to me look like nothings gone wrong, everything seems to be in order, hopefully things will turn around for you!

SDFD TSchott