How's my overbite? Need Help!

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

monkey10

How's my overbite? Need Help!

#1 Post by monkey10 »

Hi all,
I posted a little while back about considering getting braces for a 2nd time. I had them about 7 years ago or so; I'm now 20.
I've had some pretty bad TMJ issues, and some minor cosmetic things I'd like changed. I have much better pics now than I did before- and I plan to see an ortho soon, but I've just been so busy lately, not to mention I'm really nervous!
So here's pics of my teeth, my main problems being clicking/cracking in my jaw, my top teeth seem to slide to my right side a little, and an overbite. What do you think?
So yeah, these are better pictures than ones in my last post, and I've been meaning to see an ortho, but I was hoping I could get maybe an idea of what to expect- does this look like a 6-month job? 1 year? I don't know![/i]

Joanna20

#2 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi! I think your teeth are beautyfull, but if u've got problems on your jaw and if it bothers u than u should consider seing an ortho! U must do what u think it«s best 4 u!
I've got no idea how long it will take but some orthodontic treatments take as little as 6 or 7 months. Some include surgery too. Hopefully a doctor will answer that question better than me :D
Take care and good luck,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

auroramist

#3 Post by auroramist »

I'm jealous! I would love a smile like yours! My overbite is Class II, yours seems to be not even close to that. If it really bothers you, visit an orthodontist for suggestions, but it doesn't seem bad to me at all. You could get braces and wear elastics to pull the teeth back. It's pretty common with an overbite to have TMJ problems, so that could be a good reason to visit your ortho. I'm not a professional by any means but I have had braces twice and other work done so I'm familiar with many treatments. I'm guessing this is a less than 1 year deal but maybe more than 6 months. Best of luck!